GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3'.
Wed 08/02/12 at 21:15
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
Hello I was thinking on buying this game and I did not really know if it is worth the money because I have heard people saying its a terrible game and how the multiplayer and campaign are rubbish and There is no fun in it but I still Might get the game just because other people do not like it does not mean I wont either but I wanted to know From you if the game is really worth buying

Thank you! :)
Thu 09/02/12 at 19:13
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
Yea Pete I was maybe going to try out Battlefield 3 too and yes DL I see that is what you chose as your prize so please once you have played it tell me what is is like.
Thanks.
Thu 09/02/12 at 19:07
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thanks DL, looking back at that post it was actually better than some of the attempts at reviews we have had on here recently. I was half expecting to see a '*SC please remove*' sign next to it TBH! :)

Jakfan, you're very welcome mate, hope it helped. From what I can assume from your reply I would definitely consider giving MW3 a whirl.
Wed 08/02/12 at 22:39
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
Hey Pete Thanks A LOT! haha that was quite a useful piece of advice I do own all the other COD games and I Quite enjoyed them and I thought I would try MW3.
I may wait until I can find a shop where the game is quite cheap.So far the cheapest I have seen is £30 In the local Morrisons :).Although the game is rated quite well by magazines and gaming websites it still has its weak spots but I may consider buying now it seems like a good game by the sounds of the campaign,Blowing crap up for no exact reason seems quite a thrill haha.

And YES! I have played a Multiplayer game with a friend at his house and the maps were pretty bad there is not enough room to get distance from your enemy or not enough cover to get to your target which is a rookie gaming mistake if I do say so myself.And yes every time you step out of a building you are rained on by bullets it takes the fun out of Shooting games.

I was going to ask If there are any people who cant be bothered to play the proper way and that use Mods and hacks because I Know there is A LOT of that on COD 4 which I think is the second best COD game I own out of all of them I would say Black Ops is top of the list.

I see no point in people buying these games that they are going to get bored of after 1 day of staying off school or not leaving their room over the weekend to complete and then trade it in.If I buy a game its to keep so I usually like to be certain that that is the game I want and not to complain about it so yes when I have the chance I will try get a hold of MW3.If I am lucky I might win a prize on here and ask if I can get MW3 for free which would be fine.Thank you for your help :)
Wed 08/02/12 at 22:34
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
An 'Off-the-cuff' review pete, nice and concise :¬)

(Probably shouldn't say this, but let's hope the 'recipient' understands English rather better than they have written it.)
Wed 08/02/12 at 21:45
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Jakfan,

There was a bit of a tongue in cheek discussion about MW3 following on from your COD 4 review.

All of the below are my personal opinions on the game and nothing more.

MW3 is not terrible by any stretch of the imagination but it's not the best game in the series either.

As mentioned on the other thread the multiplayer is a bit of a mixed bag TBH. Some guns are bordering on useless while others seem ridiculously overpowered (especially when kitted out with some of the 'add on' perks. The map design is not great which seems to lead to lots of camping, try to play the game 'properly' on some maps and as soon as you step out of a building you seem to get shot from about 4 different directions. COD Black Ops was a much better balanced multiplayer game IMO but MW3 does add some new modes most of which are quite good fun.

The single player campaign is totally OTT, it's a bit like a Jerry Bruckheimer movie on steroids. You basically get to blow the living crap out of anything and everything for what seems like the sheer hell of it. Despite my feelings on this the single player campaign is still quite good fun but again it's not the best in the series.

Overall if you're a fan of the series and own all the other games go for it but if you missed any of the last few COD games then perhaps you might want to pick those up first as they are dirt cheap these days and by the time you are done with them MW3 should be down to very sensible money.

If you're after a score I'd give MW3 a 7.5/10, not rubbish but no classic.

Hope this helps mate :)
Wed 08/02/12 at 21:15
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
Hello I was thinking on buying this game and I did not really know if it is worth the money because I have heard people saying its a terrible game and how the multiplayer and campaign are rubbish and There is no fun in it but I still Might get the game just because other people do not like it does not mean I wont either but I wanted to know From you if the game is really worth buying

Thank you! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.