GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] PSP – Final Fantasy IV; The Complete Collection"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection'.
Fri 03/02/12 at 11:40
Regular
"THFC"
[GAME] PSP – Final Fantasy IV; The Complete Collection

For me, there is nothing better than an old school RPG being played on a handheld device, it normally results in hours of my life being lost and a loss of sleep as I am unable to put it down and go to bed! While many of you will have enjoyed this gem, there are some younger people who probably have not. While I do not remember it first time around, after I discovered Final Fantasy, I was back logging all these games in their 8 bit glory!

You might initially be wondering why the Complete Collection, well this game includes FF4 – The After Years, a nice game to accompany the main one, where the children of the heroes in the original set out on their own quests and you learn more about the world and characters in it. The main reason to buy this game is for the FF4 main game, but the After Years offers a nice addition to it. It does a good job in keeping with the feel of the original and while I found it to be one of the more challenging FF, it is worth a look.

Let’s focus on the main game however, so the graphics have been revamped and they look great, crisp, bright, clean and vibrant. A real treat for your eyes and with original sounds being used and given tweaks, it’s like cosmetic surgery for video games! I love the aesthetics of the game and to those who are new to the game, if this is your first time playing the game, and then you will be glad to hear that the story offers great depth and character relations as well, it really is a fantastic RPG and has made the lead to the PSP brilliantly. You will not want to put it down until you have fought your way across the world (and underworld….) to defeat evil and restore the Crystals.

Which leads me onto what the game is all about, we know that Square love to have a story with crystals, and this one is no different, you start the game as a Dark Knight (and a bad ass one at that) called Cecil, who does as the king wishes, however, lately this is becoming more cruel and harming men, women and children, just to get what he wants. After questioning your king you find that you are betrayed by the kingdom you loved so dearly. After you realise you have been collecting crystals from helpless villages and handing them over for the Kings evil doings. You then set about making things right, and start on a quest to get the Crystals back and save the world from pending doom. One your way you will meet many characters, all with unique abilities and form a team which best suits you. This is a great game and the plot has some great twists and turns, you will find Love, Betrayal and Death in this epic RPG and one of the best in the series of outstanding games.

If I had to look and pick faults, then we know it will stem down to the lack in advancement of towns, areas and fight animations. But seeing as the game is hardly a new release you have to let that go and if our able to do so and accept it is going to be hard at times and may require some level grinding, your reward will be an enjoyable story and one you won’t forget anytime soon!

There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 03/02/12 at 11:40
Regular
"THFC"
[GAME] PSP – Final Fantasy IV; The Complete Collection

For me, there is nothing better than an old school RPG being played on a handheld device, it normally results in hours of my life being lost and a loss of sleep as I am unable to put it down and go to bed! While many of you will have enjoyed this gem, there are some younger people who probably have not. While I do not remember it first time around, after I discovered Final Fantasy, I was back logging all these games in their 8 bit glory!

You might initially be wondering why the Complete Collection, well this game includes FF4 – The After Years, a nice game to accompany the main one, where the children of the heroes in the original set out on their own quests and you learn more about the world and characters in it. The main reason to buy this game is for the FF4 main game, but the After Years offers a nice addition to it. It does a good job in keeping with the feel of the original and while I found it to be one of the more challenging FF, it is worth a look.

Let’s focus on the main game however, so the graphics have been revamped and they look great, crisp, bright, clean and vibrant. A real treat for your eyes and with original sounds being used and given tweaks, it’s like cosmetic surgery for video games! I love the aesthetics of the game and to those who are new to the game, if this is your first time playing the game, and then you will be glad to hear that the story offers great depth and character relations as well, it really is a fantastic RPG and has made the lead to the PSP brilliantly. You will not want to put it down until you have fought your way across the world (and underworld….) to defeat evil and restore the Crystals.

Which leads me onto what the game is all about, we know that Square love to have a story with crystals, and this one is no different, you start the game as a Dark Knight (and a bad ass one at that) called Cecil, who does as the king wishes, however, lately this is becoming more cruel and harming men, women and children, just to get what he wants. After questioning your king you find that you are betrayed by the kingdom you loved so dearly. After you realise you have been collecting crystals from helpless villages and handing them over for the Kings evil doings. You then set about making things right, and start on a quest to get the Crystals back and save the world from pending doom. One your way you will meet many characters, all with unique abilities and form a team which best suits you. This is a great game and the plot has some great twists and turns, you will find Love, Betrayal and Death in this epic RPG and one of the best in the series of outstanding games.

If I had to look and pick faults, then we know it will stem down to the lack in advancement of towns, areas and fight animations. But seeing as the game is hardly a new release you have to let that go and if our able to do so and accept it is going to be hard at times and may require some level grinding, your reward will be an enjoyable story and one you won’t forget anytime soon!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.