GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I thank you SONY"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/01/02 at 09:58
Regular
Two weeks ago my brother's PS2 had problems with the CD drawer/driver or something, bascially the CD wouldn't spin up when inserted so it was not possible to play any games/cd's etc.
By coincidence the 12 month guarantee ran out three weeks ago (isn't that just typical).
After a few calls Sony have agreed to deliver a new one next Tues and collect the old one at the same time.
So well done Sony, my only cost was a few minutes on the phone. Customer Service after the warranty period does exist.
Sun 03/02/02 at 19:29
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Alright then,

Whats Tonys address? I'm gonna sue some SR ass, bigtime.
:D
Sun 03/02/02 at 17:32
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
TomUK wrote:
> TOONNYYYYYYY! (even though he hardly ever comes to this forum)

Can you
> explain this??? If not, I'll sue! (please don't let this effect my GAD
> attempts)

lol... well, as I said, shops only usually take your sales of goods acts claims seriously if you write to head office!

Sonic
Sun 03/02/02 at 17:16
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
TomUK wrote:
I'm sorry about you bad
> expirence, obviously you are very unlucky. If you had rang again, and told them
> about all your expirences and kicked up a fuss they probably would have sent a
> new one eventually.
Lets hope your new PS2 works fine, otherwise I think its
> something you are doing! :D

Nope I'd call it very poor workmanship ! PS" is unreliable, I've had a Playstation five years with no problem, and this PC, constantly upgraded (with help) for six years. The PLaystation doesn't even manage a few months ! Still... I hope the X Box price comes down :)
Sat 02/02/02 at 22:07
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
TOONNYYYYYYY! (even though he hardly ever comes to this forum)

Can you explain this??? If not, I'll sue! (please don't let this effect my GAD attempts)
Sat 02/02/02 at 21:48
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
www.g1nger.net wrote:
> My brother took it back to good old SPECIAL RESERVE and was told their warranty
> was only for THREE DAYS, after that you have to take it up with the
> Manufacturer, so although Sony's customer service is good, SR's leaves something
> to be desired !

I hate to say this, but SR are actually in the wrong... bit time...

Just read my post on the sales of goods act for those of you who haven't already- even if the product breaks outside the warranty, it still has to be replaced by the retailer if it didn't last as long as a good like that should do. A DVD player should last about three years without fault.

Sonic
Sat 02/02/02 at 21:06
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I think you are the minority. A lot of people would disagree with you, but there are the unlucky few, such as yourself.

It is a policy by Sony, that they will give you a new PS2 if your original PS2 is less than 30 days old (or something like that) but if it is older than that, then they will give you a reconditioned one which SHOULD work. Unfortunately, yours didn't.

I'm sorry about you bad expirence, obviously you are very unlucky. If you had rang again, and told them about all your expirences and kicked up a fuss they probably would have sent a new one eventually.

Lets hope your new PS2 works fine, otherwise I think its something you are doing! :D
Sat 02/02/02 at 21:03
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Natbuc wrote:
> SONY=Reliable

But...

SONY PLAYSTATION2=Not reliable

I've heard loads of complaints now about faulty DVD drives. Maybe Sony should investigate this?
Sat 02/02/02 at 20:44
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Hmm maybe everyone here got a different Sony helpline to me !

About a week and a half ago my THIRD Playstation 2 decided it wasn't going to play DVD discs very well at all, the picture broke up, sound was garbled e.t.c. I tried the discs on a seperate DVD player and they worked fine. Obviously the Playstation was faulty, and after checking my receipt I found that I was still 4 months within my guarantee.

So I rang Sony on their customer helpline, got sraight through, the guy took all the details of the Playstation then asked what the probelm was. I told him, and the first response was "have you tried the discs on another player ?" I replied that I'd already said I'd done this ! "Are you sure ?" he asks. I was already starting to get irritated by this brainless questioning so I just said yes. I was then told I'd be put through to the technical department,in about ten minutes. Ten minutes later the guy comes back on the phone to say I'm still on hold.... 20 minutes later I finally get put through. Again I have to explain the problem and get asked about playing the discs e.t.c.

Finally I get the magic words :) "yeah sounds like its faulty, we'll arange a replacement". I then was told that the replacement was actually a reconditioned unit, they wouldnt give me a new one, or I could wait six weeks for my original unit to be repaired. Having tried to get a new one I settled for the reconditioned one.

Yesterday it arrived. I dutifully connected it up afte coming back from work. 30 minutes later the picture on the screen was gone, a thin whisp of smoke was coming from the back of the Playstation 2, and the led was flashing red. Suffice to say this one is faulty.

Luckily the manager where I work is letting me swap it for a new one next week.

As for Sony....well after the amount of trouble I've had with the Playstation I think they're customer service leaves a lot to be desired !
Sat 02/02/02 at 15:32
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Actually, Ginger, Sony HAVE to do this under the law.

The "Sales of
> Goods Act" says that ANY good sold should be suitable for the use they were
> intended. This included working properly, and is IRRESPECTIVE of the warranty
> period. (For this reason, buying extensions on the warranty are a waste of
> time.)

Sonic

Thanks for the info I got to tell my dad this, those salesmen at dixons always tell him to buy extensions on the warranty and it costs a lot.
Thu 31/01/02 at 19:02
Regular
Well you know how rich Bill Gates is, so his service should be top notch! :D

I haven't had any problems with my PS2 so i can't really say about Sony's service but they sound reliable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.