GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Personal Web Server"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/01/02 at 16:27
Regular
I did have OmniHTTPd as recommended by Rob, but the date expired on it, but when I went to the Web Site for the newer version, the site is no longer there ... is there a new address for it?

If not, could anyone recomend another Server that I could use to help test my sites offline??

Also, would I be able to just download PHP and set my computer to run anything with a .php extenstion to run through the PHP.exe file, like other programs, or does it have to be through a Server enviornment??

Thanks to anyone for their help :o).
Thu 31/01/02 at 14:27
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Well, I went to bed last night with it not doing as I wanted.

I come on today, and ran it, to try and fix the bug, but guess what. Worked perfectly?!?!?

Don't really know why it didn't last night and all of a sudden works, but I'm glad it does :o).

Thanks for everyones help on this.
Thu 31/01/02 at 00:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
No probs. Anyway, I am being forced to go to bed! Night!
Thu 31/01/02 at 00:00
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Oh, I thought you ment a omnihttpd manual.

I've got the php_manual_en.chm (Compiled HTML Help File) on my 'poter, which like you say, is very helpful to have around :o).

Thanks for your help though tonight Rob :o).
Wed 30/01/02 at 23:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
www.php.net/manual

Or...

www.php.net/funcname to go straight to the function.

I really recommend you download the zip file with the whole HTML manual in. It's *immensley* useful.
Wed 30/01/02 at 23:44
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
It was list.php and that was the kinda thing I was looking for. Looks nice :o)

I got it to work on my Freeola Space a while back, and so am using that code, but just changed it to suit the localhost, shame it's not working though.

And the manual?? Where would that be???
Wed 30/01/02 at 23:36
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hrm. Look at the manual, see if it mentions hiding hidden files. There really shoudl be an option.

Also, go to http://luke.ac6.org/turbonutter/browse.php (or list.php, can't remember). You might see something you like!
Wed 30/01/02 at 23:32
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Turbonutter wrote: Very probably C:\Chris J Haig\Web Server\HtDocs

Tried that and still came up with only the '.' and '..' folders. The only time I get anything is when I put the '/' in the opendir(); part, and that lists whats on my Hard Disk.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to know? The only things I've ever seen that need this are perl scripts (and even then I've never seen the point).

I just want it to list whats on the htdocs directory when I goto http://localhost, but in my own way (is just to let me play our with PHP and learn more about it) and not the normal list that you get if an index file isn't found.

Guess it's just not gonna work for me :o(
Wed 30/01/02 at 23:22
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Very probably C:\Chris J Haig\Web Server\HtDocs

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to know? The only things I've ever seen that need this are perl scripts (and even then I've never seen the point).
Wed 30/01/02 at 23:21
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Turbonutter wrote: Xitami may be emulating your docroot as the / partition of a Unix system. It's happened before.

Sorry, should have said that I was using omnihttpd. Got it working :o)
Wed 30/01/02 at 23:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
...having said that though I wouldn't be surprised if it was being dodgy. Try opendir("/") and see what happends. Xitami may be emulating your docroot as the / partition of a Unix system. It's happened before.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.