GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wario World"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Wario World'.
Sat 18/01/03 at 09:59
Regular
Does anyone have some information on it, like what sort of game it is, anything? I have read some speculation but I really don't know much about it and is certainly something that looks interesting, so?
Sun 19/01/03 at 15:06
Regular
"Festivus!"
http://www.cube-europe.com/ preview.php?prid=48

My preview
Sun 19/01/03 at 00:54
Regular
Why? because I refused to buy it off my brother and sold it for £3?
Sat 18/01/03 at 15:55
Regular
It didn't think much of you either :)
Sat 18/01/03 at 15:19
Regular
I hated Myschief makers.
Sat 18/01/03 at 14:30
Regular
It's made by the same people who made Mischeif Makers, the excellent 2D game on the N64.
Sat 18/01/03 at 13:42
Regular
I got a feeling Nintendo have got something special planned fo this. We haven't heard a single thing ever since those first screenshots from E3 and it's been delayed a few times. But it's still slated for a release in 2003.
Sat 18/01/03 at 11:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I think you can use like any object around you as a weapon.

But a 2D/3D platformer is not my taste.

Give me 3-D anyday.

:D
Sat 18/01/03 at 11:42
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Like the GB Wario games you go around and find treasure. Unlike the GB games (well, the second and third ones anyhoo) you actually can die as opposed to just getting affected by various enemies in different ways.

So far from what I've seen and heard it looks like taking platform elements (albeit more 2D style elements than SMS) and adding some great Luigi's Mansion style cartoon graphics. As far as gameplay goes, beyond platforming I think the battling will be more of a sticking point than in most platformers now. I saw a screenshot where Wario had grabbed an enemy and was swinging it round in a circle smashing it into loads of other enemies as he did so.

As far as I can see it looks like a Nintendo take on the old 2D beat em up games (Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, etc.) with added platforming and collecting. It doesn't look like a traditional 3rd person game in that from the screenshots I've seen the camera seems to be more like at 90 degrees to Wario, rather than behind him (as in most 3rd person games that are 3D). I reckon the camera will be 'fixed' (ie you can't control it) kind of like Resi, but rather like Resi 4 I think the camera will scroll around the levels (probably on a fixed path depending on where the player goes) to give you a decent view of what's going on.

Sorry if any of that is wrong... but to be honest very few real details have been announced, so this is again mostly speculation. But Wario World looks very intriguing to me... because it looks like it has many 2D platformer elements to it, it seems to suggest 'going back to basics'. And the fighting looks very arcadey to me, something which Nintendo are hardly known for...
Sat 18/01/03 at 09:59
Regular
Does anyone have some information on it, like what sort of game it is, anything? I have read some speculation but I really don't know much about it and is certainly something that looks interesting, so?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.