GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I cant connect to FTP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/01/02 at 19:44
Regular
I need a ftp address i tinhk as it wont connect www.prizespider.co.uk wont connect to that! I hvae checked password and username and it WONT WORK its really bugging me now, Its all correcct but just wont connect (Im using my freeola password and freeola username)
Tue 29/01/02 at 14:24
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
petertr wrote:

As paying for domain hosting which includes
> free webspace you should be able to use it - nothing about using freeola dialup
> appears in terms & conditions.

There's no technical reason why ftp access
> has to be via freeola dialup, madasafish used to have same restriction but have
> dropped it now.

To quote the T & C

"The upload of web space and other files to the Freeola server and the sending of e-mails and attachments from any Freeola1000 address or hosted domain is permitted only via a dial-up networking connection to the Freeola telephone number. Any other method will be regarded as a hacking attempt with appropriate action taken against the perpetrator."

Simple exchange really, use their dialup (revenue for them) and they'll let you upload to their servers. :)

-G
Tue 29/01/02 at 13:22
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Actually, I think you'll find it is in the terms and conditions.
Tue 29/01/02 at 12:54
CABLE MODEM - Hoping to have this soon so won't then be able to dial the freeola number for freeola webspace ftp.

As paying for domain hosting which includes free webspace you should be able to use it - nothing about using freeola dialup appears in terms & conditions.

There's no technical reason why ftp access has to be via freeola dialup, madasafish used to have same restriction but have dropped it now.
Thu 24/01/02 at 23:49
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Rules are if you use Freeola Web Space, you have to connect via their conection number to upload, which is the cost of a local phone rate per minute...
Thu 24/01/02 at 19:32
Whatever your 0845 rate is, iirc. Probably not more than 2p/ minute.
Thu 24/01/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Jesus, find out for yourself you lazy t**t, it's not exactly hard. I'm not going to answer a question which just requires you click on Freeola.com.
Thu 24/01/02 at 19:29
Ok and how much a MIN is this?
Thu 24/01/02 at 19:02
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Do I really need to spell it out for you?

YOU HAVE TO BE CONNECTED TO FREEOLA TO UPLOAD!!!
Thu 24/01/02 at 18:57
NO I am not connecting through them i am using BT they just Host if for me!
Wed 23/01/02 at 23:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Jeez, calm down, it's only FTP it's not the end of the world...

Your ftp address should be ftp.yourdomain.com, your user should be something like sr12345678. Obviously you know what your password is. Also, you must be connect to Freeola at the time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.