GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LOTR the two towers............GOOD or BAD???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Lord of the Rings : The Two Towers'.
Sun 19/01/03 at 21:16
Regular
The Lord Of The Rings: The two Towers not long released for the ps2 [and on its way to the xbox] has been a huge success.The gameplay is good enough to keep you on your tip=toes for a while! The main characters you can be are Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Isildur look really good and the combo upgrades for the diffeent characters are great, the enemies such as the Orks and the cave trolls and the Urak-hai and worgs are just as good. What you do is travel through different places and defeat different badies with swords, arrows or axes. The levels start from the first film and move into the second at fangorn Forest where you meet a Bazurka and wood trolls, as you get towards the end you will have to protect the gate in Hornburg Courtyard from loads of orks but without a player, after a battle with some orks you will have to go and get the other player and then all three of you will protect the wall from lots of orks and 2 wood trolls.
It has to be one of the best games for many people, but didnt you think you would get to play as Gandalf or Frodo, or ride on a horse? Maybe in The Return Of The King there will be those opportunities, we will have to wait and see.
In my eyes The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers is a great game, but WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT???????
Thu 23/01/03 at 18:47
i think lord of the rings two towers is an alright game but i think it would be better if there wasnt just fighting and if there was some puzzles or if there was a better story line in it.i have completed lord of the rings two towers with all characters and i have to say the creaters should make the story different with every character instead of having the same battles just with differnt people.i think the first lord of the rings was alot better even if the graphics were poor and the controls were abit anoying.the story line was a lot better.
Wed 22/01/03 at 18:58
"griever"
absolutaly brilliant the action is fantastic the skill system is good as well as strategic bosses but it is a bit short but better than any game for replay value
Mon 20/01/03 at 18:46
Regular
Very good game indeed, if a little on the short side but as Cipro said it is good for replayability. And then theres always the challenge of getting your characters skills up to Max afterwards.
Mon 20/01/03 at 10:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Good. It's short, sure, but it has bags of replayability. The graphics never fail to dissapoint and the game itself remains quite varied and addictive. It's only real weakness is it's lack of a 2-player mode which would have been a great addition.
Sun 19/01/03 at 21:21
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
lord of the rings : the two towers is a great game but maybe it is too short for my liking! i like legolas coz he can hit an enemy and kill it a mile off!

hey check out my gta:san andreas chat forum and return this favour!

cheers! pring
Sun 19/01/03 at 21:16
The Lord Of The Rings: The two Towers not long released for the ps2 [and on its way to the xbox] has been a huge success.The gameplay is good enough to keep you on your tip=toes for a while! The main characters you can be are Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Isildur look really good and the combo upgrades for the diffeent characters are great, the enemies such as the Orks and the cave trolls and the Urak-hai and worgs are just as good. What you do is travel through different places and defeat different badies with swords, arrows or axes. The levels start from the first film and move into the second at fangorn Forest where you meet a Bazurka and wood trolls, as you get towards the end you will have to protect the gate in Hornburg Courtyard from loads of orks but without a player, after a battle with some orks you will have to go and get the other player and then all three of you will protect the wall from lots of orks and 2 wood trolls.
It has to be one of the best games for many people, but didnt you think you would get to play as Gandalf or Frodo, or ride on a horse? Maybe in The Return Of The King there will be those opportunities, we will have to wait and see.
In my eyes The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers is a great game, but WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT???????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.