GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue Music CD?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Shenmue'.
Thu 23/01/03 at 14:22
Regular
I was wondering if anyone knows of any way I can get a music CD full of the in-game music from both of the Shenmue games?

Surely there must have been one available, somewhere, at some point?

Is it possible to download the tracks from somewhere?
I have a CD-RW on my PC, so I could put them onto a CD.

I doubt that a PC would be able to read a Dreamcast disc, and I don't want to even risk it with a game like Shenmue, so that's out-of-the-question.

Any help would be appreciated. :)
Thu 23/01/03 at 14:22
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I was wondering if anyone knows of any way I can get a music CD full of the in-game music from both of the Shenmue games?

Surely there must have been one available, somewhere, at some point?

Is it possible to download the tracks from somewhere?
I have a CD-RW on my PC, so I could put them onto a CD.

I doubt that a PC would be able to read a Dreamcast disc, and I don't want to even risk it with a game like Shenmue, so that's out-of-the-question.

Any help would be appreciated. :)
Thu 23/01/03 at 16:26
Regular
Hiya, My freind has both shenmue soundtracks. You can by them from Japan or there is a shop in London that sell them all
Thu 23/01/03 at 17:46
Regular
"All about the Beats"
At one time Another World (anotherworld.co.uk and they do mail order)sold the Jap Soundtracks. Not sure if they still sell it. You can enquire and they might be able to get a copy. They were very helpful to me.
Tue 04/02/03 at 13:47
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I e-mailed them, but still haven't got a reply. And so I can only assume that the answer is "No.", after also checking their site out.

Hopefully they'll re-release the soundtrack with the up-coming Shenmue II on X-Box on March 21st, though.

Does anyone know what happens if you put a Dreamcast CD into your PC's CD-Rom?
Tue 04/02/03 at 19:18
Regular
"All about the Beats"
On some games like dead or alive, there wallpapers. There some other games that have stuff like that on them, cant remember which thought.

Sorry
Tue 04/02/03 at 21:44
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
DreamWarBird wrote:
> On some games like dead or alive, there wallpapers. There some other
> games that have stuff like that on them, cant remember which
> thought.
>
> Sorry

--PSO has character art, I think Shenmue does as well. A lot of games do. It doesn't damage the DC disk, so dont worry bout that.
Fri 07/02/03 at 17:55
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I tried all-four of my Shenmue discs in my PC, and nothing.
All I got with each one was 2 blank NotePads, and one with just "1999, 2000" written in it.

I suppose I should try my Shenmue II discs, though...
Thu 13/03/03 at 12:12
Regular
"Long time no see!"
YES!! :D

AnotherWorld.co.uk have finally replied to my e-mail, and they say that they hope to have more stock of the Shenmue CD's in within the next 2-week!

Brilliant! :D
Fri 14/03/03 at 12:43
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Solskjær wrote:
> YES!! :D
>
> AnotherWorld.co.uk have finally replied to my e-mail, and they say
> that they hope to have more stock of the Shenmue CD's in within the
> next 2-week!
>
> Brilliant! :D

Great work ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.