GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Transfer Fiasco"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/09/00 at 12:06
Regular
Todays top football manager games such as the famous championship manager series or lma on the playstation all hold a special place in football lovers hearts ,just the chance to be the next George Graham or Alex Ferguson is enough to send them potty,I was thinking about the suspected rule by fifa to ban transfer fees, I think this is going to kill people inside who really love the game and not to mention games players.Who of you remember the time when you tried to hagle Inter Milan for their top striker Ronaldo presuading them with absene amounts of money for him,do you remember when you had to wait to see if the club agreed the fee and that was left was the players contract,the tension was increadible.The gameplayer just love putting in bids that they knew would not be succesful,who of you remember buying a class player for someone like Barnet and realising that you would go into debt and you had to take out a loan to solve your problems.If this rule is official it is going to play havoc on the developers I mean what is the fun in persuading a player to come to your club by offering him a huge contract and no club fee,the player can go anywhere he wants when he wants,this rule is just wrong,I know the transfer market is ridiculous in the amount of money top clubs pay for football super star but the transfer system allows the little clubs have their glory and collect some revenue,I hope that developers do not implament this rule in the manager simulation games because i'm sure it would spoil the overall effect of the game.
Sun 10/09/00 at 17:50
just imagine Britney Spears vs Lennox Lewis in a boxing sim (dont ask me hoe Britney got there)
Sun 10/09/00 at 17:41
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
What about Venus Williams vs Henman?

Management possibilities: Sponsorship deals with Nike, managing your players psychology and well-being (right food stuffs and hotel rooms), buying them the right car, attending the right press conferences, management percentage cut, clay/grass/concrete options, type of cloting, type of equipment, how taut do you want the strings on the racquet?, entering the ranking tournaments, etc.
Sun 10/09/00 at 17:38
Tennis would be to linear what about a boximg management sim
Sat 09/09/00 at 17:50
Maybe they could combine it with another kind of management sim or even with just a pure game - i.e Virtua tennis two could combine this - but for the name? How about Tennis International Training Simulation
Sat 09/09/00 at 17:29
A good idea but how the hell would the developer pull it off there simply is not enough managment material in a tennis game
Sat 09/09/00 at 16:15
Regular
You could set the difficulty level too, you could have the really hard to handle players like Connors and McEnroe as the hardest, and Tim Henman as the easiest, as long as you don't want to win many championships and just want to make money from sponsorship.
Sat 09/09/00 at 15:17
I want a Tennis management sim - with lush graphics - You could chose to manage some people at the start - say Navratalova - then depending on how well you coach and manage them - you will uncover greater players. Then you'd be able to mange such players as Kornankova etc. - believe me THAT sort of game WOULD sell lorry loads.
Sat 09/09/00 at 13:34
A avlid point but if the ruling does go through then it will be hell for gamers
Sat 09/09/00 at 12:22
Regular
I don't honestly think that Europe are going to be able to implement this ruling, Tony Blair was speaking out against it too, for what his voice is worth in Europe. I think that if they DID actually get their way and scrap transfer fees altogether, then our Leagues would find away around it, sponsorship deals instead or something.

In the meantime though, the transfer market is in a bit of a state of limbo, clubs not being willing to pay huge amounts for players who could just walk away when and if the ruling comes in. A shame really how politics can affect sport, lets just hope that Europe don't try to apply any of their laws into the gaming scene, eh?
Sat 09/09/00 at 12:06
Todays top football manager games such as the famous championship manager series or lma on the playstation all hold a special place in football lovers hearts ,just the chance to be the next George Graham or Alex Ferguson is enough to send them potty,I was thinking about the suspected rule by fifa to ban transfer fees, I think this is going to kill people inside who really love the game and not to mention games players.Who of you remember the time when you tried to hagle Inter Milan for their top striker Ronaldo presuading them with absene amounts of money for him,do you remember when you had to wait to see if the club agreed the fee and that was left was the players contract,the tension was increadible.The gameplayer just love putting in bids that they knew would not be succesful,who of you remember buying a class player for someone like Barnet and realising that you would go into debt and you had to take out a loan to solve your problems.If this rule is official it is going to play havoc on the developers I mean what is the fun in persuading a player to come to your club by offering him a huge contract and no club fee,the player can go anywhere he wants when he wants,this rule is just wrong,I know the transfer market is ridiculous in the amount of money top clubs pay for football super star but the transfer system allows the little clubs have their glory and collect some revenue,I hope that developers do not implament this rule in the manager simulation games because i'm sure it would spoil the overall effect of the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.