GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best FF Moments?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/02/03 at 19:38
Regular
Here's an idea.
Your best bits from any FF.

The top one, of course, is Aeris's death.
*Sob*

Followed by the moment everyone realised it's pronounced Choke-obos not Choc-obos when it was said in FFX.

And the FF8 ending just plain ruled.

Any more?
I wouldn't like to not leave you any : )

Go on then.
FFF
Wed 12/02/03 at 16:36
Regular
Seeing Odin destroy Cleyra in FF9, or Omnislash and Lion Heart. Woo.
Tue 11/02/03 at 01:11
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
The intro forFFX was so cool, especially with Otherworld- the music in the background

Finishing off Sepriroth in FFVII (i wont ruin for peoplewho havent done it but its class)

Biggs and Wedge,dofus'in 7 & 8 brilliant blitzers in 10 (stilldofus' though)

Seeing Tidus'Sphere Shot for the first time

Killing Yu Yevon in one hit by yuna (hehe)

Bahamut

Ragnarok airship attcking in 8

Seeing the "Weapon" FMV battles in 7

The dancing sequence in 8

Whenever Yuna sends souls (early on and near the end)

Seeing Anima for he first time

Defeating all the Dark Aeons

Getting a Zanmato from Yojimbo for 100gil
Tue 11/02/03 at 00:35
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Here's a worst FF moment (thankfully it didn't happen to me). This contains spoilers for the Tetra Card Game in Final Fantasy IX, so if you don't want to know what you get for collecting lots of neat cards, close your eyes...NOW!

To achieve the highest known rank in Tetra (Master Level), you need to collect 100 cards, one of each type. Their total value can be anything from 1698 points upwards. They must ALL have arrows uniquely placed differently to each other (not too bad, because there's 256 combinations of arrows in total using 0-8 arrows), and they must ALL be type A cards. (The second stat. of the four on the card gives you the card type, therefore 0M00 means a Type M card. Type A cards are quite rare). The maximum number of points you get for this is 1700 (15 points per unique card and 2 points per type A card).

What do you get for collecting 1700 points worth of cards? I'll quote the player himself:

"So what happens at 1700, you ask? Well, under your collector pts. where Master was written it now says, superimposed over everything, 'Would you like to discard?'. So, after a hundred hours of playing this game I am rewarded with a (edited) GLITCH!!!"

It's OK, you can open your eyes now :)
Mon 10/02/03 at 19:49
"period drama"
ssxpro wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> And when Alexandia turns into Alexander (FF9) that was just cool in
> its purest form.
>
> That was indeed! (It was the bit with the wings ya? Its been a while
> since I played 9).

Yeah, I forgot all about it until I was just writing that bit there. It's stange how a lot of things slip from your mind that were just so incredibly cool.

Getting Knights of the Round (or is it Relm, can never remember) for the 1st time blow me away.
But when you have to use it about 50 odd times on Ruby Weapon, it gets a little tiresome.
Mon 10/02/03 at 16:14
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> And when Alexandia turns into Alexander (FF9) that was just cool in
> its purest form.

That was indeed! (It was the bit with the wings ya? Its been a while since I played 9).
Sat 08/02/03 at 15:45
Regular
"Wants Superpowers!"
Barramut being no match for Alexander in FF9, and many ofthe other things below. The summons are cool to see each game though, to see how they differ from game to game.

Willyum
Fri 07/02/03 at 19:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Fuzzy wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> Seeing Palmer get run over by that truck in FF7. very funny.
>
> I laughed *so* much when I first saw this :D

well when the topic says name your best ff moment and take into consideration fuzzy then i might actually care whether you laughed or not :D
Fri 07/02/03 at 18:30
"period drama"
Oh, oh oh oh oh oh oh.

When Squall and Riona are in space - that cutscene. Beautiful.

And when Alexandia turns into Alexander (FF9) that was just cool in its purest form.
Fri 07/02/03 at 17:20
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
lalakersrule wrote:
> Seeing Palmer get run over by that truck in FF7. very funny.

I laughed *so* much when I first saw this :D
Fri 07/02/03 at 16:18
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The whole battle between the two Gardens in FF8. Amazing anyway, but with surround sound... wow!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.