GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/02/03 at 21:00
Regular
Graphics just keep getting better and better, don’t they? Look at the improvement from Devil May Cry to DMC2, SSX to Tricky. They get better through the ages. And that’s my question – when will the best possible graphics arrive and why don’t we have the graphics of the sequel in the original game?

If the sequels graphics are better than the originals then surely the power to make the graphics as rich as the sequel’s was available when the first game was in production?

Every game on the PS2 should stretch the graphical capabilities like Metal Gear Solid 2 did. Do developers discover new techniques when producing the sequel, or do they hold the possibilities back so the sequel looks better?

The graphics we see in Vice City and Tony Hawk’s 4 must have all been around when the prequels were made, so why weren’t they used?
Sat 08/02/03 at 16:40
Regular
"Black pepper?"
If that was a bit longer, it could of been a GAD win.
Sat 08/02/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Max Power"
within 5 years the graphics will be like our life not deffinatly but if you look at what it was 5 years ago it was totally different all squarey and basic (by basic i meen the graphics were totally different from now where its interesting because a tree is based on a + shape (from birdseye view) its more cone shape but it has been over a period of time and its just been introduced in some games.
Sat 08/02/03 at 14:56
The problem is usually code of compression in most cases. Basically when platforms are new they have potential but it takes a while for developers to be able to focus in on tricks and abillities of a chipset that a guy in a white coat developed who has no interest in writing gaming code.

So as time progresses they get to grips with every aspect of the platform and produce better and better graphics until after around 4 or 5 years the platform changes to a better chipset and your back to square one with a muched improved raw console.
Sat 08/02/03 at 00:14
Regular
The Tony Hawks 4 grahpics are actually really poor, Tony Hawks 3 was graphically much better. I understand that it's running bigger levels but Aggressive Inline's graphics put Tony Hawks 4 to shame and the levels are even bigger.
Sat 08/02/03 at 00:08
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
That was just cos it was a dodgy game.

Zelda WW, good graphics, good game.
Sat 08/02/03 at 00:06
Regular
ut2k3= good graphics = not so good gameplay....
Fri 07/02/03 at 23:32
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Azul²°°³ wrote:

> I'm a simple man.
> This line confused me greatly.

In simple speak. A games graphics has the same capabilities as it's sequel. But the sequel has better graphics.

This is possible because usually a game engine is already established, so attention to prettiness can commence.
Fri 07/02/03 at 23:29
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Reynolds wrote:
> If the sequels graphics are better than the originals then surely the
> power to make the graphics as rich as the sequel’s was available when
> the first game was in production?

I'm a simple man.
This line confused me greatly.
Fri 07/02/03 at 23:11
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yeah. Grphics are cool, but they shouldn't distract you from the game, unlike the tragic MGS2... Ah, great game, graphics were too good, spoiled the game. Oh well, maybe they'll focus more on the games.
Fri 07/02/03 at 21:11
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
soon it will be like running around in real life and all the characters will be so much more intelligent!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.