GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 14"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/07/07 at 09:38
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Some subjects are easier to write about than others. Some prefer the freedom of fantasy, and the lack of restrictions it imposes on one's imagination. Others prefer to draw on their own experiences, opting for straight up fiction and dramatics.

There are some topics however, that blur the lines between all subjects and genres. Indeed, the topic this time around is something we have all either experienced, fantasised over, or both. This should make interesting reading. The topic is:

"In the name of love"

Twist it, contrive it, ablate it, elate it. Do what you will, and I'll judge in three week's time (12th August), or whenever there are enough entries, whichever comes later.

EDIT - postponed until Sunday the 19th. This is a final deadline. There will be no further extensions.

EDIT - Winner is Grix with Amneshire
Sun 22/07/07 at 09:38
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Some subjects are easier to write about than others. Some prefer the freedom of fantasy, and the lack of restrictions it imposes on one's imagination. Others prefer to draw on their own experiences, opting for straight up fiction and dramatics.

There are some topics however, that blur the lines between all subjects and genres. Indeed, the topic this time around is something we have all either experienced, fantasised over, or both. This should make interesting reading. The topic is:

"In the name of love"

Twist it, contrive it, ablate it, elate it. Do what you will, and I'll judge in three week's time (12th August), or whenever there are enough entries, whichever comes later.

EDIT - postponed until Sunday the 19th. This is a final deadline. There will be no further extensions.

EDIT - Winner is Grix with Amneshire
Sun 22/07/07 at 10:56
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Hm, good one. I will try to enter.
If I can't think of anything I'll just copy and paste the U2 lyrics. :-/
Tue 24/07/07 at 17:14
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Is this going to get stickied?
Tue 24/07/07 at 20:35
Regular
Done.
Tue 24/07/07 at 23:07
Regular
"eat toast!"
Arghhh can't write anything about romance in it.

I did have an idea but that was for a graphic novel that i was imagining up in my head.
Tue 24/07/07 at 23:33
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Don't restrict yourself to romance. Love is whatever you want it to be.
Wed 25/07/07 at 08:28
"possibly impossible"
Nice topic. Good choice, Everpain.

I unstickied the last comp so this should be the only one up here.

I'll see what I can write, now...
Wed 25/07/07 at 09:06
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Mama mia. We got two entries from the Grix and one from FM already. Boomboom, heavyweights. Good to see. I might even enter myself. Just need to inform my cat of the theme and wait.
Thu 26/07/07 at 18:10
"period drama"
i might produce my glorious return for one of these some time, need to get the old juices flowing again.
that, or just enter with some old guff that vaguely fits the bill and hope to win a gad as well.

i suspect the latter.
Thu 26/07/07 at 18:13
"period drama"
are any of these new guys actually any good at writing?
before i take a trawl through previous stuff in the wee bored hours

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.