GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"URGENT - Help Please"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/02/03 at 19:28
Regular
My mate is telling me if i have a file called "jdbgmgr.exe" I have a virus. I searched my computer and i have the file and it has a bear icon with it, my mate is saying I have to delete it straight away but I dont know if they are having me on or not.

Help!
Sat 08/02/03 at 19:28
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
My mate is telling me if i have a file called "jdbgmgr.exe" I have a virus. I searched my computer and i have the file and it has a bear icon with it, my mate is saying I have to delete it straight away but I dont know if they are having me on or not.

Help!
Sat 08/02/03 at 19:33
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Ok I have examined it closer and it looks to a Debugger....

Someone bloody help me here!
Sat 08/02/03 at 19:34
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I have that as well, and there is a bear on it, but it is a debugger and I scanned it with Norton Antivirus and it came up clean so your mates are probably having you on.
Sat 08/02/03 at 19:36
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Anyway, I scanned the whole PC a half hour ago and nothing came up so its probably just a joke.
Sat 08/02/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Yeah I scanned it with AGV antivirus and nothing was found.

Here is what it says on properties:

Application

Microsoft® Debugger Registrar for Java

C:\WINDOWS\system32

14.7 KB (15,120 bytes)

I think its just a debugger, but my mates are insistant they deleted theirs!
Sat 08/02/03 at 19:39
Dont delete it its quite normal. And format c isnt a legit command either
Sat 08/02/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Black pepper?"
*points to PC forum*
Sat 08/02/03 at 19:41
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/ (space)jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

delete (space)

hope this clears it up for you
Sat 08/02/03 at 19:41
Regular
Properties of "jdbgmgr.exe"

File Version : 5.00.3167

Description : Microsoft® Debugger Registrar for Java

Copyright : Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. 1996-1999

------------------------

I'd say there's nothing to worry about, if it does turn out to be a virus (It won't open on my PC) then you can sue Microsoft, as it would have damaged files on your PC, which you have (Perhaps) paid for.
Sat 08/02/03 at 19:42
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeah same here. I don't think there's anything wrong with, your just being tricked or else your mates are ill-informed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.