GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/02/03 at 14:40
Regular
That’s it! I’ve had enough with these stupid games and the developer’s great obsession to annoy the hell out of me!

Every game that I play, they have to include one feature that just drives me up the wall, it’s the ‘annoy me’ feature of the game…

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

·Women Drivers in GTA:

This is the biggest annoyance that I have ever come across, ever! How many times have I been driving along with 3 police cars chasing me only to have a bloody woman driver just mindlessly pull out in front of me? I don’t know! I’ve lost count, it happens so often!

What ever happened to ‘mirror, signal, manoeuvre’ that I was told on my driving lessons? I learnt all this but it seems that all the women in this game don’t seem to bother with it!

“Lets see… Mirror, sod it, lets just randomly pull across the road without looking…. Weeeeeee!”

They should be banned from the roads! If they’re not going to bother to drive properly, then they shouldn’t be allowed in the game!

Bloody women…

·Those indestructible bosses in FPS:

He we go, another great annoyance in games, that damn boss that doesn’t want to die no matter how many times you shoot them in the head!

Why do they do it? What fun do the developers get from making a boss that is really easy to shoot but is just impossible to actually kill? Can’t they just add a bit more to the level and the area to make it more fun to play instead of just having a bloke sitting there with his rocket launcher and whenever you place a shotgun to the back of his head and shoot him, he just gets up and blows you to bits!

If there’s something that annoys me even more than stupidly indestructible bosses, it’s the damn bosses that take absolutely ages to kill and once you get them down to 1% health, they have the cheek to go and recharge their health and there’s nothing you can do about it!

Mega-Mega Man out of South Park N64, I despise you…

·The commentary on football games:

This isn’t like the others, it doesn’t annoy me because it prevents you from playing the game properly, it just drives me up the wall!
“Oh it’s a great shot!” He says as I take a throw on…
“It’s a penalty!” He shouts and the attacking player does a double footed tackle on the defender…
“Offside!” He shouts as I finish a perfectly timed piece of football by scoring a great goal…

“OK Bob, what do you think about the match?”
“Well Jim, England are winning 1-0 against Germany and unless Germany can score another goal, they’re gonna lose.”
“Thanks for that Ji…Oh he’s hit the post!”

·This is it, the most widespread annoying feature to be included on a game:

"The cheating computer"

I’ve got really, really annoyed in the past because of games that insist on cheating! MarioKart being one of the major offenders…

I’ll be sitting there after taking a shortcut on the most boring and tedious levels ever known to man with only a short stretch between me and the finish. The computer players are miles behind and it’s just an easy drive to get to the finish line and take the gold cup to complete the game…

“He we go,” I think to myself as I’m just about to cross the line but suddenly and out of the blue Mario bloody drives straight past me and takes the win…

“How the hell did he manage that?!?” I think as I throw the controller at the screen. From miles behind he’s just managed to catch me up and win! It just drives me crazy, not only does this happen once every few races, but every bloody race!

That other game, Worms…

“Oh look, I’ll just fire my perfectly aimed rocket and get a direct hit on your player! While I’m there I may as well set off a few chain reactions to kill every opponent on the map!”

Arrrrrrrrgh!

It’s all just doing my head in!

P.S It's just a joke if you get offended!
Sun 09/02/03 at 14:40
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
That’s it! I’ve had enough with these stupid games and the developer’s great obsession to annoy the hell out of me!

Every game that I play, they have to include one feature that just drives me up the wall, it’s the ‘annoy me’ feature of the game…

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

·Women Drivers in GTA:

This is the biggest annoyance that I have ever come across, ever! How many times have I been driving along with 3 police cars chasing me only to have a bloody woman driver just mindlessly pull out in front of me? I don’t know! I’ve lost count, it happens so often!

What ever happened to ‘mirror, signal, manoeuvre’ that I was told on my driving lessons? I learnt all this but it seems that all the women in this game don’t seem to bother with it!

“Lets see… Mirror, sod it, lets just randomly pull across the road without looking…. Weeeeeee!”

They should be banned from the roads! If they’re not going to bother to drive properly, then they shouldn’t be allowed in the game!

Bloody women…

·Those indestructible bosses in FPS:

He we go, another great annoyance in games, that damn boss that doesn’t want to die no matter how many times you shoot them in the head!

Why do they do it? What fun do the developers get from making a boss that is really easy to shoot but is just impossible to actually kill? Can’t they just add a bit more to the level and the area to make it more fun to play instead of just having a bloke sitting there with his rocket launcher and whenever you place a shotgun to the back of his head and shoot him, he just gets up and blows you to bits!

If there’s something that annoys me even more than stupidly indestructible bosses, it’s the damn bosses that take absolutely ages to kill and once you get them down to 1% health, they have the cheek to go and recharge their health and there’s nothing you can do about it!

Mega-Mega Man out of South Park N64, I despise you…

·The commentary on football games:

This isn’t like the others, it doesn’t annoy me because it prevents you from playing the game properly, it just drives me up the wall!
“Oh it’s a great shot!” He says as I take a throw on…
“It’s a penalty!” He shouts and the attacking player does a double footed tackle on the defender…
“Offside!” He shouts as I finish a perfectly timed piece of football by scoring a great goal…

“OK Bob, what do you think about the match?”
“Well Jim, England are winning 1-0 against Germany and unless Germany can score another goal, they’re gonna lose.”
“Thanks for that Ji…Oh he’s hit the post!”

·This is it, the most widespread annoying feature to be included on a game:

"The cheating computer"

I’ve got really, really annoyed in the past because of games that insist on cheating! MarioKart being one of the major offenders…

I’ll be sitting there after taking a shortcut on the most boring and tedious levels ever known to man with only a short stretch between me and the finish. The computer players are miles behind and it’s just an easy drive to get to the finish line and take the gold cup to complete the game…

“He we go,” I think to myself as I’m just about to cross the line but suddenly and out of the blue Mario bloody drives straight past me and takes the win…

“How the hell did he manage that?!?” I think as I throw the controller at the screen. From miles behind he’s just managed to catch me up and win! It just drives me crazy, not only does this happen once every few races, but every bloody race!

That other game, Worms…

“Oh look, I’ll just fire my perfectly aimed rocket and get a direct hit on your player! While I’m there I may as well set off a few chain reactions to kill every opponent on the map!”

Arrrrrrrrgh!

It’s all just doing my head in!

P.S It's just a joke if you get offended!
Sun 09/02/03 at 15:37
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
It's a conspiracy!!
Footie games cheat!!
*hint* FIFA 2003 *hint*

*ahem*
Sun 09/02/03 at 15:39
"For the horde!!!!"
There was a time on Mariokart 64 where I was in the GP on that track with Princess Peaches castle in it (forget name)with that very long zipper lane just before a massive jump over a ravine i was leading the race and two others weren't far behind me like always but i have always been a player who looks at the curse map to see were the others are on the track and Bowser was far behind (about 6th i think) and i noticed he was hit by something and fell down the rivine which i found funny but somehow when that cloud bloke put him on the track Bowser was 1ST!!!!!! and half a lap infront :( even to this day i don't know how it happened.
Sun 09/02/03 at 15:42
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Mario Kart is well known to have some of the worst computer cheating ever in a game, that is how it happened, have you never noticed how you can be about half a lap in front and about 10 seconds later have 5 people coming straight up your rear.
Sun 09/02/03 at 15:42
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I just realised what that sounds like

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww
Sun 09/02/03 at 15:47
Regular
The bit about women drivers creased me up :c)

As for the footie games, FIFA 2003 has its fair share of comedy quotes.

"His teammates love it when he lobs it in their direction"

"That's an easy one for the defenders" as I dribble it past them and score.

"They made history last season by winning the league and cup double". Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't United and Arsenal both achieve this? Therefore, it's not really history. I guess it's club history.
Sun 09/02/03 at 20:26
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Return to Castle Wolfenstein final boss.. Soldier of Fortune final boss... I know where your coming from.

Women drivers, not just bad in games also bad in the real world!

And don't get me started on commentary in football games!
What did you think Trevor?
Well it was a good game however didn't get to see many goals did we? (Um it was 2-1 that's quite a few goals)

And what did you think about that Trevor? Tell us something we already know!
We didn't get to see any goals! Lets praise the defence though since the score was 0-0 even though they had 20 shots on goal.
Thanks Trevor.
No problem thank you very much!

I go and perform an amazing shot from outside the penalty area only for it to hit the crossbar and bounce out. "goodness me he should have got that in.."

And then there's.... (etc)
Mon 10/02/03 at 20:00
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
OK, I've got another one...

Just found this one while playing ISS2...

Those damn glitches in the game that make things really unfair!

I was sitting there playing and I had a shot which hit the post...

It hit the post and got stuck in the post and no matter how much I tried it wouldn't come out of it, then the defender got the ball and played it up the pitch to his striker who then scored!

I've scored through the post before which was fun and I've also scored by hitting it wide!

I also like the way that if you slide in and break the persons leg AFTER they have passed the ball, it's perfectly legal!
Mon 10/02/03 at 20:02
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Right, that's completley fair, innit?
Mon 10/02/03 at 21:41
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
ISS98 on the N64 was a brilliant game, but the commentary was just laughable.

"He slides in" Tony Gubba shouts as I cross the ball in.
And
"That's got to be a penalty!" as I tackle a player fairly in my own half.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.