GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"pads are important if you wana enjoy the games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/09/00 at 17:30
Regular
Pads are a very important part of gaming and are something that are often forgotten about. In my opinion the N64 gave us the most comfortable controller and the most easily useable analog stick which was great for games like goldeneye. I would like to see nintendo’s next pad and hopefully it will be just as, if not more comfortable as the last. What are the X-box ones like I haven’t seen them yet.
Anyway chall for now.
Fri 08/09/00 at 17:30
Pads are a very important part of gaming and are something that are often forgotten about. In my opinion the N64 gave us the most comfortable controller and the most easily useable analog stick which was great for games like goldeneye. I would like to see nintendo’s next pad and hopefully it will be just as, if not more comfortable as the last. What are the X-box ones like I haven’t seen them yet.
Anyway chall for now.
Fri 08/09/00 at 17:36
i agree, the pad has to be comfy or i cant get into the game,
the dreamcast has the best pad in my opinion, and im not being biased because i own one, i have had a n64 too
Fri 08/09/00 at 18:13
I prefer the N64's pad, it feels so natural. Actually, this sounds more like a tampon advert!!!!
The worst pads were the Sega Master system rectangles, after half an hour they virtually made your hands bleed! The Atari STs joysticks came close though. blugh!
Fri 08/09/00 at 19:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Ha!! I remember the days when we had the synthetic skin keyboard of the ZX Spectrum to contend with, and the blister inducing FireFox joystick which was bad enough when you were trying to play X-Wing, even worse if you were trying a flight sim, and no good at all for protecting you in the event of playing driving games.

My favorite so far has to be the Megadrive pad, bundled with the Megadrive (obviously!). It was very light, and although because it was black you used to get noticeable deposits of dead skin and dirt caught in the buttons, apart from that I could find no fault.
Fri 08/09/00 at 21:53
the worst game pads are the cheap style PC pads = they are s***e. But I like the Dreamcast pads - i like the N64 pads - a little. Not the Ps pads - too sweaty 2 easy
Sat 09/09/00 at 13:33
I agree to get the most from games you need to have a decent pad,my favourite is the Dreamcast one as it feels so right in your hands when you play especially the analogue pad which is so smooth,the n64 pad is good as well because it is very easy to use.
Mon 11/09/00 at 09:24
If I don't have the right pads I get into one hell of a mess, I like the ones with wings.
Mon 11/09/00 at 13:36
"possibly impossible"
Every time a new console appears there seems to be a big discussion about the amazing new design of the joypads. Admittedly, the Nintendo's are fantastic and the playstation's analogue ones are quite nice but how much further can you take the standard joypad?
Sega's latest efforts aren't really that much of a step forward, although they have analog shoulder buttons. Can nintendo or Microsoft do any better. Joypads have to feel natural while playing for long hours, but most of the current ones make my hands ache. If there was a new style which felt comfortable for a long time and didn't make your hands all sweaty then I'd be quite happy, but one the consoles are launched you usually have to wait another generation before anything new comes along, and then everyone else seems to copy it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.