GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story: The Tick's Gift"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/02/03 at 23:33
Regular
It's almost funny how bad things happen to such good people. Just yesterday my world was normal. Why did it all have to change?

Yesterday was my first day in summer camp. I remember walking into my camping grounds late. "Hey guys!” My friends that I haven't seen in months run over to me and grasp me tightly with tears in their eyes. "I'm so happy to see you Lisa" The ring of my name coming from their mouths made my emotions crash down and I began to weep. I loved them so much and now I got to meet them again after so long. We went over to get dinner due to the unsightly hunger we had during the ride over there. We had bacon and eggs, which surely fill us up nicely. "Lisa your skin is so pretty. You have changed so much" they said while I consumed my food as if I hadn't eaten in days. They were right too. My face use to be flooded with pimples and zits which left me a mess. After a few months though the ugly skin problems just went away and I was home free from anymore embarrassing camp pictures.

Camp pictures are taken at the second day of every camp trip. Everyone looks up to it. I take a slight glance at my friends’ faces closely and their complexion was still like my old one. "You have changed so much too." I said trying to not hurt their feelings.

"A bell rings addressing us to go to bed"

I couldn't believe the day was over already. I was having such a good time and it now has to end. Then I remembered that picture day was tomorrow afternoon. My heart instantly jumped making me smile broadly. It was already dark outside and I was too exited to go to sleep now. “Hey guys want to go out for a spooky midnight stroll!” What a perfect idea. We quickly ran to campgrounds to stock up on flashlights and a compass. The excitement had gotten to us. We just ran out into the woods without a clue where we were going. My friends made jokes and tried to scare each other with weird frightening noises but it didn’t get to me. It’s hard to scare me. Suddenly my friend Lucy fell to the ground and began to yell frantically. “What’s wrong Lucy!” I spoke out to her. “My LEG!”. Everyone’s expression changed dramatically from a joyful smirk to a tragic frown. I couldn’t just stand there lost. I screamed at the top of my lungs for help while pacing around aimlessly. “AHHHH” I end up tripping over something as well but the pain wasn’t great. We could then hear a rustling in the bushes around us. Was this the end of us?

A man walks out abruptly and calms us down. He told us that we had ventured a mile away from camp but our screams were so great that someone heard them. He lifts me off the ground then flashes a light in my eyes. “Wow!” he says in a surprised matter. “What! What is it sir. What’s wrong?” I muttered out. “Don’t worry you just have a tick burrowed in your skin. This one just seems a little big”. I sigh in a form of relief then notice what he said closely. I had an animal in my face! He told me that it was already 4a’clock a.m. and I wouldn’t have time to sleep today because they were going to have to take that tick out right away.

When we finally arrived back I was exhausted. I sat down in a chair in the clinic peacefully waiting for what was next. I looked over to my left and I will probably never forget what I saw. “AHHHHHH”. My left cheek was bulging with a lump 10 times bigger than any pimple I’ve ever seen. “Get it out. NOW!” I screamed at the nurse. It was such a low-tech procedure. First she puts some kind of liquid on my face then she lights a match next to me causing the tick to slowly crawl out. I’ll never forget that day.

Today I woke up refreshed as ever at 11a.m. As soon as I woke up I ran over to the mirror and stared at myself blankly and scared. The disgusting pulsing puss covered lump had grown to the whole right side of my face. My eye was pushed up and my nose looked deformed by the unsightly tumor. I yelled. I yelled lots. Not as loud as I was trying to yell though. My cheek rubbed on my mouth causing me to talk like a monster. Shrieks of terror became moans of terror. Pictures were going to be taken in 20minutes! The girls looked at me in disgust and winced and cried just by looking at me. “Sto lookin at ma. Sto!” I tried to say.

“The Public Announcement speakers came on and an old man began to talk”

“Ladies of Camp 413 report to the picture booths”. The girls didn’t hesitate to get away from me. I put a blanket over my head and laid on my bed. But my luck just seemed to be down that day. A camp counselor picked me up out of bed and took me and my covered head. He playfully pushed me into a booth and set the camera timer to 20seconds. I started to adjust the blanket on my face when out of nowhere my right cheek unleashed a terrible pain. I winced so badly that the blanket on my face fell off. I felt my ears to try to stop my pain but then the worse thing in my life happened. The huge lump began to move and tremble. It shook wildly then I felt my skin breaking away in the middle of my cheek creating a small hole. Then the small hole in the middle of it grew huge and a waterfall of ticks flooded out at the same time….the picture was taken. The tick that went in my skin laid eggs in my face. IN MY FACE! I stared down at the parasites on the floor running about blindly. I stumbled out of the booth silently and everyone looked at me with their faces in aw. My face now looked deflated. Flabs of skin sagged down, while a hole covered almost my whole face.

Now here I am. In the hospital in my hometown and my parents are staring at the picture of me in camp where my head explodes. I am the first person that this has ever happened to. Lucky me. The doctor said my face would stay like this forever. Even though this is rare I still tell everyone about this experience to warn others. I haven’t looked at myself in the mirror yet. I don’t want to. Ever. I don’t even want to see people anymore.

I guess I just have to never open my eyes……

THE END

Drunk
Wed 12/02/03 at 23:33
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
It's almost funny how bad things happen to such good people. Just yesterday my world was normal. Why did it all have to change?

Yesterday was my first day in summer camp. I remember walking into my camping grounds late. "Hey guys!” My friends that I haven't seen in months run over to me and grasp me tightly with tears in their eyes. "I'm so happy to see you Lisa" The ring of my name coming from their mouths made my emotions crash down and I began to weep. I loved them so much and now I got to meet them again after so long. We went over to get dinner due to the unsightly hunger we had during the ride over there. We had bacon and eggs, which surely fill us up nicely. "Lisa your skin is so pretty. You have changed so much" they said while I consumed my food as if I hadn't eaten in days. They were right too. My face use to be flooded with pimples and zits which left me a mess. After a few months though the ugly skin problems just went away and I was home free from anymore embarrassing camp pictures.

Camp pictures are taken at the second day of every camp trip. Everyone looks up to it. I take a slight glance at my friends’ faces closely and their complexion was still like my old one. "You have changed so much too." I said trying to not hurt their feelings.

"A bell rings addressing us to go to bed"

I couldn't believe the day was over already. I was having such a good time and it now has to end. Then I remembered that picture day was tomorrow afternoon. My heart instantly jumped making me smile broadly. It was already dark outside and I was too exited to go to sleep now. “Hey guys want to go out for a spooky midnight stroll!” What a perfect idea. We quickly ran to campgrounds to stock up on flashlights and a compass. The excitement had gotten to us. We just ran out into the woods without a clue where we were going. My friends made jokes and tried to scare each other with weird frightening noises but it didn’t get to me. It’s hard to scare me. Suddenly my friend Lucy fell to the ground and began to yell frantically. “What’s wrong Lucy!” I spoke out to her. “My LEG!”. Everyone’s expression changed dramatically from a joyful smirk to a tragic frown. I couldn’t just stand there lost. I screamed at the top of my lungs for help while pacing around aimlessly. “AHHHH” I end up tripping over something as well but the pain wasn’t great. We could then hear a rustling in the bushes around us. Was this the end of us?

A man walks out abruptly and calms us down. He told us that we had ventured a mile away from camp but our screams were so great that someone heard them. He lifts me off the ground then flashes a light in my eyes. “Wow!” he says in a surprised matter. “What! What is it sir. What’s wrong?” I muttered out. “Don’t worry you just have a tick burrowed in your skin. This one just seems a little big”. I sigh in a form of relief then notice what he said closely. I had an animal in my face! He told me that it was already 4a’clock a.m. and I wouldn’t have time to sleep today because they were going to have to take that tick out right away.

When we finally arrived back I was exhausted. I sat down in a chair in the clinic peacefully waiting for what was next. I looked over to my left and I will probably never forget what I saw. “AHHHHHH”. My left cheek was bulging with a lump 10 times bigger than any pimple I’ve ever seen. “Get it out. NOW!” I screamed at the nurse. It was such a low-tech procedure. First she puts some kind of liquid on my face then she lights a match next to me causing the tick to slowly crawl out. I’ll never forget that day.

Today I woke up refreshed as ever at 11a.m. As soon as I woke up I ran over to the mirror and stared at myself blankly and scared. The disgusting pulsing puss covered lump had grown to the whole right side of my face. My eye was pushed up and my nose looked deformed by the unsightly tumor. I yelled. I yelled lots. Not as loud as I was trying to yell though. My cheek rubbed on my mouth causing me to talk like a monster. Shrieks of terror became moans of terror. Pictures were going to be taken in 20minutes! The girls looked at me in disgust and winced and cried just by looking at me. “Sto lookin at ma. Sto!” I tried to say.

“The Public Announcement speakers came on and an old man began to talk”

“Ladies of Camp 413 report to the picture booths”. The girls didn’t hesitate to get away from me. I put a blanket over my head and laid on my bed. But my luck just seemed to be down that day. A camp counselor picked me up out of bed and took me and my covered head. He playfully pushed me into a booth and set the camera timer to 20seconds. I started to adjust the blanket on my face when out of nowhere my right cheek unleashed a terrible pain. I winced so badly that the blanket on my face fell off. I felt my ears to try to stop my pain but then the worse thing in my life happened. The huge lump began to move and tremble. It shook wildly then I felt my skin breaking away in the middle of my cheek creating a small hole. Then the small hole in the middle of it grew huge and a waterfall of ticks flooded out at the same time….the picture was taken. The tick that went in my skin laid eggs in my face. IN MY FACE! I stared down at the parasites on the floor running about blindly. I stumbled out of the booth silently and everyone looked at me with their faces in aw. My face now looked deflated. Flabs of skin sagged down, while a hole covered almost my whole face.

Now here I am. In the hospital in my hometown and my parents are staring at the picture of me in camp where my head explodes. I am the first person that this has ever happened to. Lucky me. The doctor said my face would stay like this forever. Even though this is rare I still tell everyone about this experience to warn others. I haven’t looked at myself in the mirror yet. I don’t want to. Ever. I don’t even want to see people anymore.

I guess I just have to never open my eyes……

THE END

Drunk
Wed 12/02/03 at 23:39
Regular
"Spanish Hardcore"
*crys*

Amazing post there Drunk Cow.
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:38
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Thanks Smerc. POP!!!!!!!!!
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:40
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
WRONG POST IDIOT.
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:40
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
El Blokey wrote:
> WRONG POST IDIOT.

WRONG WORD IDIOT.

*take 2*

WRONG FORUM IDIOT.
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:00
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
El Blokey I wrote this for Ros. STOP BEING SO ANGRY!!! At least read something before judging it so much.:-p
Thu 13/02/03 at 21:48
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Its great!!!

With the title I thought it was about the classic superhero, but it was even better!!

Well done!!
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
"The tick that went in my skin laid eggs in my face."

*girlish screams*
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:08
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I wonder is this possible....
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:56
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Excellent stuff Drunk,
I don't know how I would cope with a deformity. I wouldnt be able to face it and it would become the death of me. The story reminded me of the elephant man, has anyone seen that? That was very sad

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.