GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I get Onimusha?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/01/02 at 20:10
Regular
Yes or no?

I've heard it's shorter than Devil May Cry. Please tell me it isn't as Devil May Cry is far far far too short itself.

Mind you, bare in mind that Onimusha would be a GAD prize. I wouldn't be paying.
Mon 14/01/02 at 20:05
Onimusha: Warlods is definitly worth it's price tag, and it lasts for just under 12 hours, but I am sure that others have completed it in a much shorter time. The reason why I finished it in around 12 hours, which is quite decent for a game of this genre, is becuase I like to spend time exploring the environments. I think that when you explore parts of a game, it will show that your money was well-spent.
Mon 14/01/02 at 17:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
ResÆvilfan wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> It's more similar to Resi, yes. Still great though. The
> controls are slightly
> easier.

The controls are pants, In combat your
> character goes for the nearest enemy so when your fighting a big bad boss dude
> and all these ninji's are flying about everywhere he goes for them and you lose
> control, Thats the reason I never made it passed the dark realm.

--
The game
> is ok but it does suffer from capcom's world famous black borders :-(

Yeah, there is that problem, but I managed to do alright.
Sun 13/01/02 at 18:42
You might want to wait till Onimusha 2 comes out, sometime in March.
Sun 13/01/02 at 18:20
Regular
"Back For Good"
Blank wrote:
> It's more similar to Resi, yes. Still great though. The controls are slightly
> easier.

The controls are pants, In combat your character goes for the nearest enemy so when your fighting a big bad boss dude and all these ninji's are flying about everywhere he goes for them and you lose control, Thats the reason I never made it passed the dark realm.

--
The game is ok but it does suffer from capcom's world famous black borders :-(
Sun 13/01/02 at 17:33
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It's more similar to Resi, yes. Still great though. The controls are slightly easier.
Sat 12/01/02 at 12:50
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yeah but how?

Does it have awful controls like Resi.

Slow gameplay?
Fri 11/01/02 at 23:40
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
The_Vottanator wrote:
> Hold on. You're saying that Onimusha is more similar to Resi than DMC. Really?

yup thats what im saying.
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:29
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yeah but most of those were DVDs. Not won many games.

And since basically all my wins were for film reviews so I could only ever claim films, it got a bit annoying sometimes.

But the rules have changed now so I can claim a game even for a film review. Fantastic!

Although that means I will probably never claim a DVD again.....which is bad. Because I like films more than games. It is just that games cost more. :-D
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:03
Regular
"Bah"
bloomin eck youve won 9 times!!!
MM
Fri 11/01/02 at 18:57
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yeah but I'm hoping to win GAD again before MGS2 is released. :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.