GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo on the Cube?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Sun 16/02/03 at 13:10
Regular
Breaking news! Check out Bungie's website for more info.

Microsoft own the rights to the Halo games, so neither Halo 1 or Halo 2 are coming out for any other console.
But apparently, a sort of Halo 1.5 is coming out on Gamecube (no PS2 for some reason) which is a cell shaded version of the original, with a new alien race, 1 new weapon, and 1 new level.

It kindda anoying, cause even though a lot is the same, I would still buy this for the Xbox, due to the extra features, and the cell shading! (which I personally think doesn't work for this kind of game).

The game is still being made by Bungie, and will be out after Halo 2 on the Xbox.
Hmm, this game could turn out to be very controversial.

There are 6 new screenshots on Bungie's site, but due to it being swamped with traffic as this new breaks, I have uploaded the best screenshot to this site:

http://www.terrorbite.co.uk/halo1.5.gif
Sun 16/02/03 at 13:10
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Breaking news! Check out Bungie's website for more info.

Microsoft own the rights to the Halo games, so neither Halo 1 or Halo 2 are coming out for any other console.
But apparently, a sort of Halo 1.5 is coming out on Gamecube (no PS2 for some reason) which is a cell shaded version of the original, with a new alien race, 1 new weapon, and 1 new level.

It kindda anoying, cause even though a lot is the same, I would still buy this for the Xbox, due to the extra features, and the cell shading! (which I personally think doesn't work for this kind of game).

The game is still being made by Bungie, and will be out after Halo 2 on the Xbox.
Hmm, this game could turn out to be very controversial.

There are 6 new screenshots on Bungie's site, but due to it being swamped with traffic as this new breaks, I have uploaded the best screenshot to this site:

http://www.terrorbite.co.uk/halo1.5.gif
Sun 16/02/03 at 15:09
Regular
Hardeharhar. Metroid Prime will kick Master Chief and co. into.. erm.. a place very far away. Yes.. :D
Sun 16/02/03 at 16:28
Regular
I laugh at your stupidity
Sun 16/02/03 at 16:36
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Hardeharhar. Metroid Prime will kick Master Chief and co. into.. erm..
> a place very far away. Yes.. :D

So it should as well. Its nearly 1 and a half years since Halo was launched in America and as I am expecting the game should set new boundaries for First Person Shooter games. As it remains Halo is my favourite FPS game of all time and I am hoping that Metroid Prime will take this new crown up until Halo 2 is released. When Halo 2 is released the same will be said for Master Cheif Kicking Samus and co. and if it wasn't I would be worried at the direction in which games were going.
Sun 16/02/03 at 16:40
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
When is Metriod Prime due to be relesed?
Sun 16/02/03 at 16:45
Regular
March 21st and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. I just hope that the game holds the same levels of reply value which Halo has. I have gone back and completed Halo on every single difficulty level (including Legendary single player) and if Metroid Prime can keep me interested as long as Halo has then I am sure that I will be happy to wait for Halo 2.
Sun 16/02/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I still play Halo now but only in multiplayer, I enjoyed the single player missions but dont really play them anymore. I think the single player game of Halo deserved a 7.5 but the multiplayer bumped it up to near a 9.
Sun 16/02/03 at 17:21
Regular
Halo was in development for 5-6 years

MP didn't take half as long
Sun 16/02/03 at 17:57
Regular
Halo for the Xbox was in development for 3 years, I don't know where you get 5-6 years from because this was for the Mac/PC version which was originally scrapped when the Xbox finished in development. After deciding on the Xbox Bill Gates and Microsoft decided to scrap the PC version and concentrate on releasing it for Xbox and because of the success of the Xbox version they then decided to bring the PC/Mac version back and release it at a later date.
Sun 16/02/03 at 18:24
Regular
It was not 'scrapped' you gimp

They spent 3 years designing levels, characters, weapons, enemies, the game engine, the graphics etc. on the PC

They did not throw that all away when it moved to the XBox, they merely completed it on the XBox.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.