GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance'.
Sun 16/02/03 at 14:40
Regular
Well I picked this game up on Friday and I've been playing the hell out of it. ;-))

Its an excellent game - finally goes back to the roots that got its fanbase ! No more of those crappy friendships and babalities.
So far I've opened loads of the coffins in the Krypt and earned all the extra characters, most of the alternate costumes and most of the extra arenas.

Like the way the test your might mini game has been brought back - that and the test your sight games are great little additions to the fighting. :-)

So whose bought the game ? Anyone got any favourite characters they like to use ?
My favourites are...
Kitana
Scorpion
Nitara

Also found that I'm pretty good with Kano and Kung Lao. ;-)) Don't like Drahmin much though - think hes as crap as he must smell (seeing as there are rot flies flying around him constantly).

Anyway, on with the playing. ;-) Anyone who hasn't got the game - this definatly restores the faith in the series and manages to be a bloody good fighting game (sorry about the pun).
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:02
Regular
"Unretired"
Daveus wrote:
> hehe! i've played on my PC when i was tipsy having a -up at my
> house. i was giving running comentary.
>
> then i've played on my xbox a coule of times when i've been and
> it was oh funny. couldn't stop swearing at things/people in the game
> for sometimes no reason :-)

I once was stoned while playing the sims, and managed to save it. A few days later when sobered it was so funny to see what I had named the sims and the house I had made.
Fri 28/02/03 at 18:57
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I like it I just find the combo's really hard to pull off hehehehe
Fri 28/02/03 at 16:43
Regular
"BOSE"
hehe! i've played on my PC when i was tipsy having a-up at my house. i was giving running comentary.

then i've played on my xbox a coule of times when i've been and it was oh funny. couldn't stop swearing at things/people in the game for sometimes no reason :-)
Fri 28/02/03 at 15:16
Regular
thanx mate
Fri 21/02/03 at 01:00
Regular
I have to agree that MKDA is a very fun game. Which is what games should be right?..? Fun.? I cant see it being any better than soul caliber 2. Im not sure if it is even better than soul caliber 1. The fatalities in Deadly Alliance seem abit tame if you ask me... especially quan chi's... i was like "Oh my god!, Ed Boon, youve turned into a goon'"

I like the two mini games, they effectively change the pace of the game somewhat and its good that you can turn them off. Have done MAX sight chellenge, but have yet managed to complete 'steel' in the test you might challenge.

A nice game you can play when you have 4+ mates playing. Get copious amounts of spirits, a shot glass and MKDA + 2 controllers. best 2 out of 3. Whoever loses the game takes 1 shot. If they recieve a fatality its turned into a double and if a flawless victory is ahcieved then its a triple. This game gets good about 20 rounds in, none of the players know what they are doing and it leads to some of THE craziest matches ever seen in any beat 'em up.

Try it out if you have the chance. Anyone got games that they could share?

L8ers
Thu 20/02/03 at 20:53
"For the horde!!!!"
*get over here*
Thu 20/02/03 at 13:13
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Krypt: CN 3003 Platinum Koins Cyrax
Krypt: IV 208 Ruby Koins Frost
Krypt: KI 2931 Sapphire Koins Princess Kitana
Krypt: LL 3822 Gold Koins Reptile
Krypt: MW 3317 Jade Koins Hsu Hao
Krypt: SA 3780 Ruby Koins Jax
Krypt: TI 4022 Gold Koins Nitara
Krypt: UR 6500 Sapphire Koins Drahmin
Krypt: XG 3116 Jade Koins Raiden

Thats all the koffins for the characters.
Wed 19/02/03 at 18:08
Regular
If I remember rightly TI is Raiden and UR also has a character but I can't remember which one. I believe gamefaqs.com has a guide to each Koffin and what lies behind each door so you might want to check that out. Personally I enjoy the surprise and knowing what lies behind each door would spoil the game for me.
Wed 19/02/03 at 18:02
Regular
what kofin numbers are the secret charactors it i have nitara but cant fin any one else
Mon 17/02/03 at 19:52
Regular
Soul Calibur 2's out in the arcade, kids. Go have 40 goes, instead :).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.