GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Reserve's service"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/09/00 at 10:57
Regular
Disclaimer: I'm not sucking up! OK!

I'd just like to comment on SR for their service, prices and history. I have been a member on and off for as long as I can remember the company being there. Put it this way, my first item that I bought from SR was an original (brick type) gameboy when they first came out!
In the early days SR were a bit slow at posting things, I had to wait about 3 weeks for my games back then, but they were always cheaper than everyone else and it was easy to buy things from them. Nowdays their mailing has speeded up (a bit!) and they are not always the cheapest place, but because they have a good history and are a big company, unlikely to fold anytime soon (I hope!) I still use them. Unfortunatly I have not had the money to spend on games recently as I have moved house, but it was a nice surprise to see that I had won a game! (even though it hasn't arrived yet, but from the sound of other people's postings, it will) They are always helpful on the phones and have always managed to deliver what I wanted.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to the SR team!
Thu 07/09/00 at 10:57
"possibly impossible"
Disclaimer: I'm not sucking up! OK!

I'd just like to comment on SR for their service, prices and history. I have been a member on and off for as long as I can remember the company being there. Put it this way, my first item that I bought from SR was an original (brick type) gameboy when they first came out!
In the early days SR were a bit slow at posting things, I had to wait about 3 weeks for my games back then, but they were always cheaper than everyone else and it was easy to buy things from them. Nowdays their mailing has speeded up (a bit!) and they are not always the cheapest place, but because they have a good history and are a big company, unlikely to fold anytime soon (I hope!) I still use them. Unfortunatly I have not had the money to spend on games recently as I have moved house, but it was a nice surprise to see that I had won a game! (even though it hasn't arrived yet, but from the sound of other people's postings, it will) They are always helpful on the phones and have always managed to deliver what I wanted.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to the SR team!
Thu 07/09/00 at 14:33
You either want a game, or you work there. Try mentioning Owen Hart to get their sympathy.
Thu 07/09/00 at 16:24
Regular
"Under the Wall"
Was it special reserve who had those adverts with the 'Toby' comic strips in consloe mags? They were fantastic, if they were your work speccy, how about putting them up here so we can all bask in their beauty?
Thu 07/09/00 at 18:26
"possibly impossible"
I already have a game (my user name was Pablo, but I changed it because I didn't think it looked too good) and I don't work for Special Reserve. I was just praising them for their service because it seems some people were doing the opposite in these forums.
Thu 07/09/00 at 19:45
> Was it special reserve who had those adverts with the
> 'Toby' comic strips in consloe mags?

No, they were from Tottenham Court Road Computer Exchange. Very funny, too!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.