GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box how i feel"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/09/00 at 18:46
Regular
Ok now there are 2 major problems with this new comnsole coming from the big man "Bill Gates"

1. They are trying to fight their own name i mean come on we all think about Microsoft = geek so who is going to want to buy there console.

2. They are keeping it a secret, we need to know about what it can do, waht games are coming out and who are developing for it.

Now more than ever you would think Microsoft would be smart enough to release details on their upcoming console, maybe to try an steal the stoplight from the top dog Sony. But instead they keep us in the dark and make it harder for themselves.

For all we know X-Box could be the greatest thing since sliced bread but what evidence is there to prove this. Who is going to want to go out and buy a console you know nothing about when you will be able to pick from such top games at the time as Final Fantasy 10 & 11, And the BIG 1 Metal Gear Sold 2 the answer is your not so MICROSOFT FOR GOD SAKE RELEASE INFORMATION.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts
Fri 08/09/00 at 20:23
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
As a programmer, I thought my comments were qualified?
Fri 08/09/00 at 11:39
Well comparing a PC with Microsoft software to the X-Box is incredibly naive. The X-Box is going to be extremely powerful and to suggest that the Console will be full of errors is crazy. The Spec looks wonderful and after they have just signed up Lionhead and a few other big names that should put to rest any worries about whether or not they are going to have quality games. The X-Box software will be very well organized and well run.

People have a go at Microsoft all the time and I don't know why. There products have changed computing. I use Microsoft products at work all the time and I am very grateful that we have Excel, Word, Access, Windows. They have brought computing to the masses, when it goes wrong it is usually something that the user has done wrong. So go and read the help files before complaining that Microsoft software is inept. Stop being so jealous sit back and wait and see the information that will pour out about the X-Box nearer its release. The Console may be great with Bill Gates behind it I would expect nothing less.

As for people using Microsoft products being geeks - doesn't Microsoft have a 80% coverage of the world...Wow...We must be living on Dork Planet. That view is so old... What next calling Computer Programmers boffins. There creative minds have brought us so much enjoyment that I think that we should really think more about our comments...Don't you think!
Fri 08/09/00 at 01:51
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I don't think Microsoft need to pre-release any information about the X-Box for a number of reasons:-

1) We are all aware of the power of Microsoft programming, it speaks
for itself. You can see it now, firing the last stinger missile
towards Liquid in the Hind to be greeted with a Fatal Exception
Error instead of a nicely crafted Boss ending sequence.

2) Final Fantasy may never be released for it, because can you
imagine delving into your inventory to be greated with the
message "Opened, but with errors on page"?

3) Microsoft just don't want to admit this early that they are just
going to HAVE to include Ctrl, Alt and Delete buttons on the game
pad, and that their logo is usually followed by the message:-
"This program is not responding".

I think they are waiting until the time is just right, like, maybe, the day of the launch, preferably asking us to open the packaging at home, and not in the shop where we bought it.
Wed 06/09/00 at 18:46
Ok now there are 2 major problems with this new comnsole coming from the big man "Bill Gates"

1. They are trying to fight their own name i mean come on we all think about Microsoft = geek so who is going to want to buy there console.

2. They are keeping it a secret, we need to know about what it can do, waht games are coming out and who are developing for it.

Now more than ever you would think Microsoft would be smart enough to release details on their upcoming console, maybe to try an steal the stoplight from the top dog Sony. But instead they keep us in the dark and make it harder for themselves.

For all we know X-Box could be the greatest thing since sliced bread but what evidence is there to prove this. Who is going to want to go out and buy a console you know nothing about when you will be able to pick from such top games at the time as Final Fantasy 10 & 11, And the BIG 1 Metal Gear Sold 2 the answer is your not so MICROSOFT FOR GOD SAKE RELEASE INFORMATION.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.