GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"shenmue's bad endings.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Shenmue'.
Thu 20/02/03 at 10:10
Regular
Are the bad endings of shenmue 1+2 worth waiting for?
Thu 20/02/03 at 10:10
Regular
"He's back"
Are the bad endings of shenmue 1+2 worth waiting for?
Thu 20/02/03 at 11:22
Regular
Bad endings? I have completed both Shenmue 1 + 2 twice each and I got the same endings for each one. Anyone else like to clear this up?
Thu 20/02/03 at 21:51
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I know in Shenmue 2 if you dont complete it in enough days you get the bad ending. I think its where Ryo and girl get killed in the cave by Lang Di. I havent done this myself i read it somewhere ages ago.
Fri 21/02/03 at 15:30
Regular
"He's back"
it happens in both games

i've tried to download it, but mi media players a bit old :(
Mon 24/03/03 at 10:08
Regular
To get the bad endings in both games u do have to wait until a certain number of days have gone.
The easy way to do this on shenmue 1 is to do this.
When you have to sneak into the old warehouse #8
Keep failing the flashlight qte and youll run off and come back the next day without even touching anything you can now leave the game to play for aan entire year (in game time) and wqhen you come back u can see the bad ending for yourself.
Tue 25/03/03 at 11:40
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I doubt you get killed by Lan Di in Shenmue II, if you fail to complete the game in-time...

What do you set-off to China to do, in the first place?
OK, to avenge the death of your father by killing Lan Di! But your first main objective is to track-down Zhu Yuanda - something that takes up much of your remaining adventure, after Yokusuka.
So, I reckon you get to Zhu Yuanda, only to find you're too-late, and that Lan Di and the Chiyoumen have got to him first.

I don't see how Ryo could be killed by Lan Di when you only see him at the very-end, hanging from the helicopter ladder.

And as for the "Old Warhouse No.8" bit in Yokosuka Harbout, I find it hard to believe that anyone would be unable to meet Master Chen, without getting caught by the guards! If you're bad at it, it only gets easier!
The old man gives you a map; then he shows you each guard's paths; and then he tells you to come-back really-late, when there'll be less guards around -- and there're likely to be other things, too.
I only know this because I was terrible at doing this bit, the first-time I played Shenmue. I got it done, eventually... after about 20-odd days!!

I've also completed both games twice, and never even thought about the bad endings.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.