GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ultimate Game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/09/00 at 16:13
Regular
If you had the chance to make a game for Any console, any kind of game what would it be. I would have a game like Streets of Rage for the Megadrive but make it for the PSX and N64. The challenge is to find a woman’s son [who has been kidnapped by a Secret Army]. You would have to compete through levels until you get to the final boss, and to make it harder he will have a gun and will also have a number of Bodyguards and dogs around him. You would have to collect clues and you have a choice o 3 doors to meet the final boss. One would be a straight to the boss door and the other two would mean going through another level with only one more life to survive. I would have fictional characters like Movie Stars and Pop Stars who you have to choose from and the Big Boss at the end would be Bill Gates [owner of Microsoft]. If you had to make a game what kind of game would it be, what would the challenge be to complete the game and what would the game be for?.
Sun 10/09/00 at 22:37
This is kind of continued from my entry in the 'Game of Life' topic.
A game which allows freedom and a 'realistic' envioronment could be as follows:
My idea begins with the player on a space station. From here they have two choices open to them, they can either stay on the station or join up with one of the ship's crew and explore the galaxy/trade/rob everyone. They would be interacting with the other crew or station's people, including being able to chat up people (who may or may not respond favorably) and have relationships and even children. They could advance their career or stay as they were, but would need to buy food and water to survive, or steal from people, risking imprisonment. They could visit new worlds which would spawn from the program, or find worlds which the game engine has already created.
Obviously this would be an online game and players would meet up and interact with other players. It's a huge task, but I'm sure it could be done with today's technology.
Sat 09/09/00 at 20:09
I think the next step in games is games that think with your thoughts. A game that changes with your thoughts is the best game as you make it the best that you can think. Imagine a game like Resident Evil for example. The computer starts you in a random place like an ally. You think uh-oh where are the zombies, then bang! They come out of a rotten wooden door from a house which you just didn't expect to be there. Or Mortal Kombat, the opponent is about to throw you into the pit when you nut him and reverse his throw which sends him flying into the spikes below, sliceing and gashing him till his head drops lifeless. The limitless possibillitys of the game you chose to play would satisfy your hunger for gaming, or even create your own games in your mind and then start them when your ready and finish them whenever you wish. This is the real future of gaming.
Fri 08/09/00 at 18:10
Reality in games is not just about graphics. The graphics on a console could be picture perfect but the way you interact with the environment might be complete pants.
Basically, I think that the people making the games should try for maximum freedom of movement. Take Resident Evil, these games give relative freedom until you get to a door that you can't open because it's not part of the game world, or rubbish tips (in RE2) that you can't climb into. Storage space and limits to the game engine aside, I'm hoping one day to see a game that has complete freedom of movement over your landscape. Ecstatica on the PC came close and was a very good game (nearly as scary as RE but funny as well - in a weird occult sense)
Fri 08/09/00 at 12:06
Regular
"not dead"
The problem is Mr Sven's !!!!!!! string. As it isn't broken up the page width has to expand to foi it all on.
Fri 08/09/00 at 11:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
and why do my comments
not fit on the screen,
they keep scolling right
and cannot be seen.

Is this a bug
and is there a fix,
Come on Special Reserve
give your website a kick.
Fri 08/09/00 at 11:43
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
We've already had a few "Ultimate" games, think of the rave reviews Metal Gear Solid got when that came out, or Zelda on the N64, or Final Fantasy 7 for that matter, all of these were ground breaking steps in driving gaming technology forwards.

The next ultimate game will probably be a new genre, new type of engine, or one that gets progressively harder each time you play it, thereby developing your gaming skills as you go, a kind of "Learn as you play" concept.

It will probably be on the PC too, you can't imagine the Game Boy being awarded the honour of having the Ultimate Game. Personally, I'm looking forward to The Bouncer for the PS2, that will be my next ultimate game, I think.
Fri 08/09/00 at 11:21
A game that would be like the Matrix/Red Dwarf style where you wear a helmet and you world is around you would be cool. Would VR ever get that far. I feel that it would be a long time in the offing but it is possible! What do people think. You could download a Cup Final and play in the Arsenal team. You could race against Hakkinen, look out the side window and see a real environment. If machines ever get that poweful I dread to think about the cost
Fri 08/09/00 at 10:00
I used to have a game for the Megadrive called Splatterhouse 2. It looked roughly like the Evil Dead film series, but you had to pick up the weapons yourself. The weapons ranged from a baseball bat to a full on chainsaw and you could either cut zombies in half, or bat the top half of their bodies away! Excrement! Also there's a Foo Fighter's video that takes the mick out of the Evil Dead films - Dave Grohl's has a big hand instead of a chainsaw. Doctor monkey rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 07/09/00 at 10:42
Regular
"not dead"
Now that's a good idea - a game based on the Evil Dead trilogy. You find a deserted log cabin and go in. You play a strange tape with some sort of strange voice reciting a spell. You go outside to gather fire wood....
Then you hear it coming through the woods it grabs you picks you up and you fly through the air into a tree. That's just the intro. Then the game starts with you back in the house, something is in the basement, and it's hungry, zombie like creatures are outside trying to break it. You have to piece together the parts of the book in order to find the spell to reverse all of this. You'd also have a chainsaw for a hand, with which you could fend off the bad guys!
Thu 07/09/00 at 10:31
I would love a game based on the Resident Evil 3 engine on DC but with no puzzles, just action. I'm not talking about ombie Revenge (a linear 'streets of rage' type game) good though it is, but something akin to the Evil Dead movies, with lockable rooms and barricades so that the players could hide out for a while and rest.
The idea would be that you would have to get to a certain goal (like quake or doom) or kill all the zombies to finish the level. You could take as much time as you liked, but the time at the end is added to your score, so it gives you something to beat later on. There would be a bar for health, making you limp and run slower when injured, a bar for food, ticking down all the time so you would have to find food at some point and one for water. Three adrenaline boosts could be given to players to use when their health is really low and they are trying to escape (similar to turbo on racing games and only usable once) Obviously, the less you have on your food and water bar the quicker your health goes down.
Weapons would not just be guns and knives but scenery, like chair legs and other scenery could be used to help close doors with no locks. Lots of houses and offices would be available to enter and there would be skylights and hatches to escape through.
If any games companies would like to 'steal' this idea, please do...I'd love to play it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.