GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some really bad prices"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/09/00 at 15:01
Regular
I think that some of the prices are abseymal.The lowest price for a good game a new game is £30.The lowest i've seen for an old rubbish game is £9.That's good price but nobody wants those games.So whats the poit of doing them as high as that.A fiver would be better.

At least they have brought the prices down from £45,but i have still seen two games at that sort of price.It's shocking,why do they do it.I know they want the money but what about our money.We need it.I mean i love games console and everything but how a my supposed to bye the great games as i am only a teenager.I don't get a lot of pocket money so they will have to bring prices down.and a lot as well.I think it's disgusting.
Mon 11/09/00 at 15:07
"possibly impossible"
Games costing £45-£50 sell, and while they do games companies will keep them at this price. The companies not only have to pay for the media (disc and box) which are relatively cheap but they have to also pay for advertising and PR so that their game will get noticed. This, added to overheads for the company, is what pushes prices up.
Games companies know that some people consider cheaper games to be less good than more expensive ones and this is another reason why they keep their prices higher. That said, there are some really good older games out their, some better than most of the new stuff, and a lot of it is really cheap compared to games that are currently in the charts. But people being people will always want the newest items (whether they are any better or not) and will still complain at the cost of buying them. If you want to send a message to games companies, don't buy their new games! Realistically, how many people will do that?
Wed 06/09/00 at 15:01
I think that some of the prices are abseymal.The lowest price for a good game a new game is £30.The lowest i've seen for an old rubbish game is £9.That's good price but nobody wants those games.So whats the poit of doing them as high as that.A fiver would be better.

At least they have brought the prices down from £45,but i have still seen two games at that sort of price.It's shocking,why do they do it.I know they want the money but what about our money.We need it.I mean i love games console and everything but how a my supposed to bye the great games as i am only a teenager.I don't get a lot of pocket money so they will have to bring prices down.and a lot as well.I think it's disgusting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.