GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Now to be 500 Quid?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/09/00 at 19:27
Regular
Rumours abound, and some websites have confirmed this, that the PS2 will now be launched around Christmas time at a whopping 500 quid!! Even if this weren't bad enough, Sony are not even going to guarantee this deadline.

For your 500 nicker, you should be able to get 4 games, 2 DVD's, one extra controller and the PS2 itself, but then you could go out and get a PC to do all that today.

Other listed options are 2 games,1 DVD and the PS2 for 400 quid, and just the PS2 and 1 game for 350 quid.

A bit of a blow for anyone who preordered their units earlier in the year I think. Special Reserve's response to this announcement should be quite interesting, and we can wait with bated breath for future announcements.

Even as a die hard gamer, 500 spondoolies is a lot for me, but as a PS fan I still might be tempted, seeing as I don't at present have DVD facilities. Surely Sony are taking the p*ss though, announcing this late in the day that half a grand will be expected to be forthcoming from us gamers? Should we start a petition, brothers and sisters?
Wed 06/09/00 at 01:31
I don't see the point - the PS2 will be poor for gamers - PS owners - younger ones will not afford this - they'll get a dreamcast or N-cube - but then they'v ALWAYS got Pokemouse
Tue 05/09/00 at 19:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Rumours abound, and some websites have confirmed this, that the PS2 will now be launched around Christmas time at a whopping 500 quid!! Even if this weren't bad enough, Sony are not even going to guarantee this deadline.

For your 500 nicker, you should be able to get 4 games, 2 DVD's, one extra controller and the PS2 itself, but then you could go out and get a PC to do all that today.

Other listed options are 2 games,1 DVD and the PS2 for 400 quid, and just the PS2 and 1 game for 350 quid.

A bit of a blow for anyone who preordered their units earlier in the year I think. Special Reserve's response to this announcement should be quite interesting, and we can wait with bated breath for future announcements.

Even as a die hard gamer, 500 spondoolies is a lot for me, but as a PS fan I still might be tempted, seeing as I don't at present have DVD facilities. Surely Sony are taking the p*ss though, announcing this late in the day that half a grand will be expected to be forthcoming from us gamers? Should we start a petition, brothers and sisters?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.