GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WRCII - mem card issue"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World Rally Championships 2'.
Mon 24/02/03 at 10:50
Regular
when playing wrcII i had a save file, which carried data on the wrc challenge results, one completed championship on the professional level and one on the expert level. i guess also some time trial results.

now one day my friend was playing, mainly the quick races, but did some time trials too. every time you finish the rally, a question of saving the archives pops up. i guess he did save them.

the other morning i recognized all the saved data has been erased. no wrc challenge results, no time trial times, and the expert level is locked (just as the professional level hadn't been completed at all). and it wouldn't even save new archives any more.

does someone have any idea as to what might be the problem, whether it is possible to delete all the data accidentally or whether i'm missing something here. if no one can help, no big deal, life goes on:) but thanks in advance.
Tue 25/02/03 at 17:04
Regular
"size does matter"
great job then, guys. no, i haven't put any of my times up. i did rather well last year, but this year i suck (maybe it's because i'm still using the controller and not the wheel). no hard feelings though, at present i have other priorities, unfortunately:)
Tue 25/02/03 at 12:12
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Diplomat have you put any WRC2 times on www.racing-line.org ?
I'm currently 5th in the whole wide world :) Jive is about 8th I think.
Mon 24/02/03 at 14:48
Proabaly an odd way to look at it, but you get to play and break the records all over again, prolonging the lifespan! (provided you still want to have proof that you completed much of the game).
Mon 24/02/03 at 14:01
Regular
"size does matter"
well, i'm always very careful about saving so i definitely didn't turn the console off during saving

i guess it is possible that he accidentally deleted it, but for the most part, i was with him, so i would've noticed. and that doesn't explain why new saves are not recorded...

of course the whole ordeal is a bit annoying, but at the same time - if i really took it as hard work, i probably wouldn't be playing the darn thing:) to be honest, i kind of like the thought of setting new best times everywhere (provided the saving operation actually works), it will be much easier now:)

but thanks anyway for sharing your thoughts
Mon 24/02/03 at 13:05
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
what a nightmare, losing all that hard earned work !, I have backed mine up to my PC via my X-Port phew.
Mon 24/02/03 at 12:17
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Was your friend left unsupervised while playing the game? This could be the culprit, perhaps he accidentally deleted the saved game data?

Only a thought.
Mon 24/02/03 at 11:40
Regular
"  "
Yeah I was joking, but just because your memory card is never taken out doesn't mean you can't switch your PS2 off while saving...
Mon 24/02/03 at 10:59
Regular
"size does matter"
none of your "options", unfortunately. my mem card is always in the slot, so even a) would not be the case.

btw, as to the sympathy issue, i believe i said that all in all it's no big deal...
Mon 24/02/03 at 10:54
Regular
"  "
Either...

a) You took the memory card out when it was saving...
b) You took your friends memory card by mistake...
c) You did in fact use a slice of cheese instead of your memory card...
d) You never had a memory card in the first place and your just telling lies for sympathy...

I'd opt for 'a)' because archives don't overwrite main data unless you're starting from a new game then overwrite, and also because the others are stupid.
Mon 24/02/03 at 10:50
Regular
"size does matter"
when playing wrcII i had a save file, which carried data on the wrc challenge results, one completed championship on the professional level and one on the expert level. i guess also some time trial results.

now one day my friend was playing, mainly the quick races, but did some time trials too. every time you finish the rally, a question of saving the archives pops up. i guess he did save them.

the other morning i recognized all the saved data has been erased. no wrc challenge results, no time trial times, and the expert level is locked (just as the professional level hadn't been completed at all). and it wouldn't even save new archives any more.

does someone have any idea as to what might be the problem, whether it is possible to delete all the data accidentally or whether i'm missing something here. if no one can help, no big deal, life goes on:) but thanks in advance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.