GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"James Cameron's Dark Angel"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse'.
Tue 25/02/03 at 10:11
Regular
hi. i've been waiting for this one for a while. i love the series and i love girls that kick a$s like Max and Buffy (not including Lara because she only kicks a$s in the film, in the games she just shoots people). i just downloaded the trailer for it and it looks really sweet. only came out on the 22nd. i'll have to dip into my ICA, mainly because i bought some dudey DG trainers a couple of days ago but i believe it'll be worth it.

anyone got this yet???
Tue 29/04/03 at 22:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Think I have seen a few screen shots, but I am not in to X-Files so I havent bothered looking. I dont get any games mags any more as most of the stuff is on the internet. I use to get PSW for the PS2 as it had a DVD so I could see upcomming games, but with Broadband the 40 mb videos or what ever on the internet don't take that many minutes to download.
Tue 29/04/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Did you see in one of the mags about the X Files Game "Resist Or Serve" ? Looks...maybe okay...though I don't like the way it's split up with Mulder doing the shooting and Scully the safe lab stuff. They're supposed to be a team and the game should reflect that, and not be based on a plot that has ended in the show :(
Tue 29/04/03 at 22:15
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Star Fury wrote:
> Yeah, I was disapointed as I'm a fan of all things Fox, but this time
> they have a stinker.

On a different note you should try and watch John Doe when thats out over here. Its a Fox show as is amazing. Have watched the whole first series and can highly recommend it. May be quite good as a game as well.
Tue 29/04/03 at 19:11
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Yeah, I was disapointed as I'm a fan of all things Fox, but this time they have a stinker.

Not to worry though, Return To Castle Wolfenstein cometh ever nearer....
Tue 29/04/03 at 15:20
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Thanks for your advice Star Fury. I knew it wasnt exactly the best game ever but I thought it could have been worth a shot at £24.99.
Tue 29/04/03 at 12:13
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Do not buy it.

I did, on first release, from SR, and it is trully terrible. The in game fighting is basic and very poor with repetitive moves and the bad guys frequently all standing around and taking it in turns to attack you.

The stealth levels are crap, once a guard spots you then scores of guards attack you and you have an impossible to beat time limit to then complete the level. Seeing as there is little consistency with how guard detect you - some will spot you from behind a crate whilst others will watch you run straight past and not raise the alarm - this makes those levels rubbish as well.

Add to that the fact that;

* the voice acting is the worst ever seen in any game ever - the guy who plays her contact - forgot his name- sounds like he's ready to fall asleep.

*levels are boring and unimaginative.

*controls are like treacle.

And all the above flaws and you have a game not worth 2.49 let alone the 38.99 I paid for it, and have since traded for £27 :)

Honestly, if Dark Angel and Buffy had a fight then Dark Angel gets killed in one second, it's that bad. Maybe they should make a Dark Angel Vs Buffy game.....
Mon 28/04/03 at 22:59
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Thought I would pop this topic rather than starting a new one.

Right Dark Angel is on offer at a well know wool selling shop :). Its £24.99. I am a big fan of the show and would like to get the game. I have the Buffy game as I too am a big fan of that. Only 3 more episodes left of Buffy now :(. Anyway I was wondering if Dark Angel was actually any good. I know its got average - low marks but at £25 plus the fact that I am a fan of the show should I invest in getting the game?

Buffy was a good game as it had a nice control system, graphics looked nice, ok storyline and quite a reasonably length game. As I am a fan it was even more enjoyable for me.

So is Dark Angel the same sort of experience as Buffy or is it over in 5 minutes and after that you think how crap it is even though you like the show. I don't mind non intelligent games where its all simple, as long as the game play is good, with good moves and good action sequences.

So can anyone offer any advice?
Fri 28/02/03 at 18:54
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
so the fact that it is ment to be a damn fine game doesn't bother or excite you in any way titawirl?
Fri 28/02/03 at 16:26
Regular
"BOSE"
what crawled up your and died, man? that's a retorical question.

Dark Angel rocks!
Fri 28/02/03 at 15:42
"Lemon eyewash"
Nanni wrote:
> dark angel is the worst game eva lads dont let the cover fool u. avoid
> if u bought it destroy it save the humiliation of taking it back

or bung it on ebay for a fiver for me :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.