GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Red card for diving?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/01/02 at 19:45
Regular
Diving is happening all the time now and is shocking.

Players do it because they know they will get of with a booking.Should divers be sent off?
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:04
Regular
"Great Scott's"
The only trouble with a red card for diving, Referees sometimes don't see the incident as clearly as the cameras do.

As the Van Brockhorst showed when he had a second yellow card for diving when he fell over and he did not even appeal.

There would be far too many red cards for incidents that did not deserve them.
Sun 13/01/02 at 13:36
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
i know what you all mean, when i went to derby vs bristol rovers, the two italians ravenelli and carbone were continously diving and getting mostly fouls.
The derby team didnt get a single card and diving should obviously be looked at a little further.
Sun 13/01/02 at 12:25
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Everyone always says "well if he'd gone down it'd have been a penalty" etc. But, how do we know this? Unless the incident happens you can't possibly predict how the referee would have reacted.

They key really is consistency, and that's something the FA and Refereeing societies will be working on.
Sun 13/01/02 at 01:18
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Well, diving is becoming.. Well. I shall explain.

Someone runs into box, gets tackled, stays on feet (Just) then slips and falls.

Ref gives nothing. If he would have dove/fell to floor he would of had penatly. But, if he was *Caught* diving, then thats a YELLOW card. Not Red. No way.

Yellow, ok. Red. Nah.
Fri 11/01/02 at 22:29
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
BB $co++y / J@zz wrote:
> Yeah, i think a player should get a Red Card for diving, i mean when things
> aren't going your teams way, its more obvious that its a dive because the team
> desperately wants to win the match.

Why should they get a red card? Morally it's wrong because it's unsporting behaviour, but the fact is that a dive is ONLY a yellow-card offence.
Fri 11/01/02 at 21:03
Regular
Yeah, i think a player should get a Red Card for diving, i mean when things aren't going your teams way, its more obvious that its a dive because the team desperately wants to win the match.
Fri 11/01/02 at 17:51
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
yank wrote:
> i think that any player who is given a yellow card for diving should also be
> warn and told that the next time it happens for the rest of the season will
> automatticly receive a red card.

Well, that's a little bit harsh because if your not 100% sure you can't penalise someone for diving, and that means that there'll be occasions were players get penalised wrongly or get away for diving.

It's a tough situation to deal with, but if they stay by the laws of the game there's no reason why the situation can't sort itself out.
Fri 11/01/02 at 14:41
i think that any player who is given a yellow card for diving should also be warn and told that the next time it happens for the rest of the season will automatticly receive a red card.
Thu 03/01/02 at 12:40
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I admit it, if it is a blatent dive then yes, the player should be booked. But we are getting to the point where it can only be a dive or a penalty, why can't it be neither? One of the refs named and shamed a few divers in a statement and among the names was Luis Boa Morte. Now, has anyone seen that tackle? It is not a penalty, but it was a freekick. It is quite obvious that he has had his legs took from under him, just one of a number of bad decisions.

As for wildcards, the idea in principle is a good one. It would certainly benefit Villa because we have had two dodgy penalty decisions given against us when we played Liverpool on boxing day and Sunderland on New Years Day. These two penalty's were an absolute joke, so maybe if wildcards existed, the penalty decision would be revoked and Steven Gerrard and Niall Quinn rightly booked. It's just a good job Litmanen hit the post and Schmeichel saved Phillips'.
Wed 02/01/02 at 23:28
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Well, the laws of the game state that diving is only a yellow-card offence.

It's considered unsporting behaviour, and as such red-card's cannot be given for diving.

Whether or not players deserve to be sent off, is a different issue. In my opinion, anyone who deliberately dives deserves to be sent off, but the laws of the game state differently.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.