GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Great new accesories coming to PS2 soon!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/03/03 at 15:11
Regular
Who wants controllers shaped like gloves? And how about ones that you tilt to go in a certain direction? Rumble vests that don't work properly, anyone? Finger Dance mats? Well, certainly someone thinks that there is a need for these accessories. But is there? No, not really. But do we care? No, not really. We're a lot like Blaze you see. Not too different from Madcatz either. And Venom, we could have been separated from birth. Who are we? Well my friends I'd like to introduce you to The Useless Accessories Organisation. Pathetic name, but it goes with the company image well. So here we are, ready to brainwash you with our useless array of products.

First off though, before we try to flog you our products, it would be decent of us to let you know exactly what they do. Perhaps we could lie a bit, make them sound a bit better than they really are? Also, if that isn't enough to get you fingers twitching with delight, then you'll hopefully find interest in what the magazines had to say. Yep, we took all our products and let them loose on four of the UK's top mags, and The Official Playstation 2 Magazine as well. So onto our first product then.

*The Multiplayer Tent!*

What is it?

Liked tenting when you were a kid? Enjoyed the excitement of being outdoors? Well forget it, because this isn't a tent, and it won’t work outdoors (We just thought we would call it a tent because it sounds quite exciting)! Basically, what our new device does, is separate both players from seeing each others screen, in split screen games. The divider, which is made of waterproof material (Like a tent) clips on to your T.V. allowing you to pull it across and separate the two screens. One player sits underneath the divider and looks at the bottom screen, while there is a hole for the second player to put his head through, so they can see the top screen. The divider comes in either 'Blue', 'Black', or 'Clear polythene', although the clear polythene one isn't very popular, yet we can't understand why.

What did the Magazines say?

PSW- “The hole strangled our Features Editor. Is it supposed to do that?”

OPSM2- “Is it popular? Yes? Oh, we like it then.”

Edge- “This is absolutely amazing! We'll give it a 4/10!”

Playstation Max- “Does it come in pink?”

PSM2- “What is it? A poncho?”

*Glass Controller*

What is it?

Now tell us, how many times have you got into such a state when playing games that you feel the need to throw the controller across the room? Plenty. We've all done it, and nearly every single time the controller breaks. But apart from relieving a slight bit of stress, is throwing the controller along the floor really worth the sacrifice of a £20 piece of kit? No, it just bounces along the floor, makes a slight 'cracking' sound, and then that's that. Well that's where the Glass Controller comes in! The case is made entirely from glass and will shatter on impact with the floor! So, rather than the impact producing a mere little 'crack', the new Glass Controller will have you jumping around in delight as it smashes along the floor in a dramatic show of destruction. It's like a watching a firework go off in a ceramic pot museum! And not only that, this time you know it has really broken. No more wasting time with the mini screwdrivers, trying desperately to open the thing up and see whether the crack was your granny's bones or in fact the rumble function packing in. If it's broke, you'll know about it! The glass controller also gives off realistic injuries, so playing games like Medal of Honour Frontline and GTA Vice City seem even more real, if rather more painful, than before!

PSW- “We left ours in the sun and the damn thing magnified the light and set our office on fire!”

OPSM2- “We prefer the 'OFFICIAL' Sony controller. We're not biased, or anything...”

Edge- “It's like something Games Master would give away to its contestants.”

Playstation Max- “Perhaps it would have been better to have not made the wire out of glass as well?”

PSM2- “We still haven't broken one! Oh hang on...”

*Other products coming soon!*

We also have two other products coming soon! We sent one to Playstation Max and Edge, and the other to OPSM2 and PSM2. PSW were unable to continue reviewing our products due to a lack of features editor and an office.

*Sailing Controller*

A controller for use on sailing games!

Playstation Max- “It's good but the fact that there are no Sailing Games on PS2 is something to be considered.”

Edge- “We have never felt so camp in our lives. Actually...”

*Character Masks!*

Wear these masks of your favorite characters while you are playing as them in their games!

OPSM2- “We quite fancy Sam when he's wearing his Pamela Anderson mask. What do you mean it's Raiden?”

PSM2- “The Lara mask is great, but there are two great big things missing... can't think what... ah, ponytail and sunglasses, that's the ones.”

All of the products will be in all good gaming stores soon as well as Game and Specia... erm, some other shop.

Thanks for reading,
Nath.
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:11
Regular
"  "
Who wants controllers shaped like gloves? And how about ones that you tilt to go in a certain direction? Rumble vests that don't work properly, anyone? Finger Dance mats? Well, certainly someone thinks that there is a need for these accessories. But is there? No, not really. But do we care? No, not really. We're a lot like Blaze you see. Not too different from Madcatz either. And Venom, we could have been separated from birth. Who are we? Well my friends I'd like to introduce you to The Useless Accessories Organisation. Pathetic name, but it goes with the company image well. So here we are, ready to brainwash you with our useless array of products.

First off though, before we try to flog you our products, it would be decent of us to let you know exactly what they do. Perhaps we could lie a bit, make them sound a bit better than they really are? Also, if that isn't enough to get you fingers twitching with delight, then you'll hopefully find interest in what the magazines had to say. Yep, we took all our products and let them loose on four of the UK's top mags, and The Official Playstation 2 Magazine as well. So onto our first product then.

*The Multiplayer Tent!*

What is it?

Liked tenting when you were a kid? Enjoyed the excitement of being outdoors? Well forget it, because this isn't a tent, and it won’t work outdoors (We just thought we would call it a tent because it sounds quite exciting)! Basically, what our new device does, is separate both players from seeing each others screen, in split screen games. The divider, which is made of waterproof material (Like a tent) clips on to your T.V. allowing you to pull it across and separate the two screens. One player sits underneath the divider and looks at the bottom screen, while there is a hole for the second player to put his head through, so they can see the top screen. The divider comes in either 'Blue', 'Black', or 'Clear polythene', although the clear polythene one isn't very popular, yet we can't understand why.

PSW- “The hole strangled our Features Editor. Is it supposed to do that?”

OPSM2- “Is it popular? Yes? Oh, we like it then.”

Edge- “This is absolutely amazing! We'll give it a 4/10!”

Playstation Max- “Does it come in pink?”

PSM2- “What is it? A poncho?”

*Glass Controller*

What is it?

Now tell us, how many times have you got into such a state when playing games that you feel the need to throw the controller across the room? Plenty. We've all done it, and nearly every single time the controller breaks. But apart from relieving a slight bit of stress, is throwing the controller along the floor really worth the sacrifice of a £20 piece of kit? No, it just bounces along the floor, makes a slight 'cracking' sound, and then that's that. Well that's where the Glass Controller comes in! The case is made entirely from glass and will shatter on impact with the floor! So, rather than the impact producing a mere little 'crack', the new Glass Controller will have you jumping around in delight as it smashes along the floor in a dramatic show of destruction. It's like a watching a firework go off in a ceramic pot museum! And not only that, this time you know it has really broken. No more wasting time with the mini screwdrivers, trying desperately to open the thing up and see whether the crack was your granny's bones or in fact the rumble function packing in. If it's broke, you'll know about it! The glass controller also gives off realistic injuries, so playing games like Medal of Honour Frontline and GTA Vice City seem even more real, if rather more painful, than before!

PSW- “We left ours in the sun and the damn thing magnified the light and set our office on fire!”

OPSM2- “We prefer the 'OFFICIAL' Sony controller. We're not biased, or anything...”

Edge- “It's like something Games Master would give away to its contestants.”

Playstation Max- “Perhaps it would have been better to have not made the wire out of glass as well?”

PSM2- “We still haven't broken one! Oh hang on...”

*Other products coming soon!*

We also have two other products coming soon! We sent one to Playstation Max and Edge, and the other to OPSM2 and PSM2. PSW were unable to continue reviewing our products due to a lack of features editor and an office.

*Sailing Controller*

A controller for use on sailing games!

Playstation Max- “It's good but the fact that there are no Sailing Games on PS2 is something to be considered.”

Edge- “We have never felt so camp in our lives. Actually...”

*Character Masks!*

Wear these masks of your favorite characters while you are playing as them in their games!

OPSM2- “We quite fancy Sam when he's wearing his Pamela Anderson mask. What do you mean it's Raiden?”

PSM2- “The Lara mask is great, but there are two great big things missing... can't think what... ah, ponytail and sunglasses, that's the ones.”

All of the products will be in all good gaming stores soon as well as Game and Specia... erm, some other shop.

Thanks for reading,
Nath.
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:15
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Heh.
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:16
"period drama"
*Dies*

Oh
My
God.

Is this a *gasp* decent topic? Amongst all the piles of spam?
There is a god!
Take note, smelly n00bs.

Anywho, that was great (which is a good thang) I liked the views form the different mags - so true.

> OPSM2- “We quite fancy Sam when he's wearing his Pamela Anderson mask.
> What do you mean it's Raiden?”

Classic.

Nice one Nat.
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:20
Regular
"  "
Thanks you two :). Nice to be appraeciated. :)
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:20
Regular
:cD

Great post Natbuc, another origional one from you. Hur hur, the Raiden bit creased me up. :cP

Liked the tent idea most. It's not a tent, and you can't use it outside.

Very good very good.
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:21
Regular
"  "
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Thanks you two :). Nice to be appraeciated. :)

I checked that post twice. And I could have sworn I spelt it right. :D
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:22
Regular
"  "
Ah, thanks DW aswell. :)
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:24
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
My post sounded a little blunt. It wasn't meant to be. The comparison of the mag's views was a nice bit of satire, if a little harsh.
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:31
Regular
"  "
Yeah, a bit of stereotyping there. :)
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:31
"Tagline"
I liked edge:
It's amazing! We give it 4 out of 10!
So true!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.