GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rayman 3 The Ultimate Winner"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rayman 3'.
Sun 02/03/03 at 18:02
Regular
Rayman 3:

Fans of Rayman wont be dissapointed, neither of you.
Okay perhaps thats a little unfair but its true to say that our beige boxes are the natural habitat of platform games.
The latest instalment of the ever popular console series, however, is shaping up to be rather good, built as it is on the structural bones of its predecessor but seemingly having avoided any of its parent's puppy fat.

For starters, it runs at a creditable 60 frames per second. Think about it. If seconds were minutes they would have one each. And there not. Theremuch, much smaller.
Which translates into a game which ticks along looking beautiful.

For the uninitiated, you control a cute loveable character who, despite being devoid of limbs (don't ask) runs, leaps, shoots, somersaults and uses his hair as a makeshift helicopter. cool huh.

He must use his wits, cunning and power-ups to avoid untimely demise, dispatch his foes and reach the next level in time-honoured fashion.

And it's not easy. There are no difficulty levels and the learning curve of the required skill-set for success in subsequent levels is a steep one. As graphic artist Fabrice Holbe told us: "in each level, you'll learn a new skill which will be crucial to success but also add variety. We constantly change the rhythm of the game to avoid any boredom." To that end there will be some tactical (though not strategic) choices to be made in some of the combat sequences, and the developers have even made room for the inclusion of the ubiquitous sniper mode - though in true rayman style that translates as control of a cheerfully technicolour guided missile.

Some levels even eschew the run, jump, shoot, collect formula that is the bread and milk of platform games in favour of activities as diverse as snowboarding through a vivid landscape inspired by 60's flower-power, if not something a little stronger that was much favoured in that era.
Theres even a driving level which sees Rayman shrinking.

This game certainly wont be dull and boring!

This game has got to be a winner.
Sun 02/03/03 at 18:14
Regular
""It's me u want""
yep, i hate the french... say no more.

always liked rayman, but yep ratchet and sly raccoon are definately winners too.
Sun 02/03/03 at 18:13
"period drama"
Yeah, I read it wan't looking too shabby.

But Ratchet & Clank, Ape Escape2 and Sly Racoon are all better. Or will be, whatever, they just are - all of them.

Plus, Rayman's French. I think that says it all.
Sun 02/03/03 at 18:02
Regular
""It's me u want""
Rayman 3:

Fans of Rayman wont be dissapointed, neither of you.
Okay perhaps thats a little unfair but its true to say that our beige boxes are the natural habitat of platform games.
The latest instalment of the ever popular console series, however, is shaping up to be rather good, built as it is on the structural bones of its predecessor but seemingly having avoided any of its parent's puppy fat.

For starters, it runs at a creditable 60 frames per second. Think about it. If seconds were minutes they would have one each. And there not. Theremuch, much smaller.
Which translates into a game which ticks along looking beautiful.

For the uninitiated, you control a cute loveable character who, despite being devoid of limbs (don't ask) runs, leaps, shoots, somersaults and uses his hair as a makeshift helicopter. cool huh.

He must use his wits, cunning and power-ups to avoid untimely demise, dispatch his foes and reach the next level in time-honoured fashion.

And it's not easy. There are no difficulty levels and the learning curve of the required skill-set for success in subsequent levels is a steep one. As graphic artist Fabrice Holbe told us: "in each level, you'll learn a new skill which will be crucial to success but also add variety. We constantly change the rhythm of the game to avoid any boredom." To that end there will be some tactical (though not strategic) choices to be made in some of the combat sequences, and the developers have even made room for the inclusion of the ubiquitous sniper mode - though in true rayman style that translates as control of a cheerfully technicolour guided missile.

Some levels even eschew the run, jump, shoot, collect formula that is the bread and milk of platform games in favour of activities as diverse as snowboarding through a vivid landscape inspired by 60's flower-power, if not something a little stronger that was much favoured in that era.
Theres even a driving level which sees Rayman shrinking.

This game certainly wont be dull and boring!

This game has got to be a winner.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.