GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evolution - Final Evolution."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Sun 02/03/03 at 21:56
Regular
I believe I'm being fair here, when I say that the majority of you here are sane and believe Pro Evolution 2 is the best footy game ever.

We all know Pro Evolution 3 will show its heavenly face in the near future, and we all know it'll blow us all away just like it's famous predecessor did.
But what I want to know, is if and when Pro Evolution - Final Evolution will arrive here in England. I've played it - it's only been released in Japan as far as I know. It's good enough to - believe it or not - make PES2 look like Fifa. Unfortunately I need to get my PS2 chipped in order to play the only version I can get my hands on, because my friend has got it on import with most of the game having been translated. 'Patching', something I don't understand - is why it's translated and has excellent background music from actual well-known bands.

Player names are on the back of shirts, all the official sponsors make the kits look superb - and the edit player mode is so advanced it'll have you crying in disbelief due to the sheer amount of options on offer to you.

In-game, the ball physics are - again, believe it or not - better than they are in PES2, and the ball is the World Cup Adidas ball.
Animation is outstanding. There is so much to look for now you'll forget you're meant to be playing the game, not watching it.

Match stats aren't anything like in PES2. There's EVERY stat imaginable. Player marks out of 10. Where he ran most with/without the ball. Pass completion. Shots on and off target. More I simply cannot remember.

The Club Teams' badges are identical to real life.
Improved Training 'challenges'. Many more training difficulty levels.

So will this game ever arrive in the UK?
It better. Or we miss out.

Unless, of course, PES3 is Final Evolution with EVEN MORE...
Thu 13/03/03 at 09:23
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Shocktrooper wrote:
*a load of praise for we6fe*

I take it you have we6fe.

I've just played we6fe for the first time yesterday. (a patched version)

And after 3 games on it, i really can't see the big jump up in quality.

I hope i'm wrong and that i love it more as i play it more, but i feel like i'm just playin pes2.

The only plus thing i can see is that the shots and crosses are alot faster which is lots better.

On the down side, there's only jap commentry, (i know the english is bad, but i'd rather have that), there's no new moves, and all the new kits are done by the patch.

I just feel abit let down, please all you we6fe fans, tell me there's more to come.
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:56
Regular
"  "
El Juicy wrote:
> You know they had that competition Nath, where you suggested new modes
> etc.? Did they ever put it in the Official mag or did they just forget
> about us again?

It wasn't a competition, but they said they gave whats his face all the good suggestions.
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:46
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
El Juicy wrote:
> I still don't see the point in importing games, but here goes my
> questions:
>
> 1. Before i get to the questions, is the copy you have got the
> equivilent to Pro Evo 3, or will PES3 be a completely different
> game?

PES3 is going to be our version of Winning Eleven 7. Final Evolution is Winning Eleven 6 (PES2) but with better ball physics, likenessess, etc. The patched version has nothing to do with Konami. PES3 should be a different game. Although I hope they use the same physics engine as in Final Evolution - it rules, trust me.
>
> 2. Licensing, have they got it all sorted out, or will i have to get
> my friend to download the save files with all the corrected names?
>
Apparantly, Konami intend to buy the official license. "Intend" meaning whether they can afford the ridiculous price or not. For all we know, Konami could put a price down and those gits who know nothing about football at EA could put a higher rpice down and leave Konami with yet another game without the license. We'll have to wait and see, I'm afraid.

> 3. Has the collision sensor thing been sorted out? Like, when i go in
> for a sliding tackle on PES2, i sometimes get the ball and the referee
> still gives a free kick. Has this changed?
>
On Final Evolution, I can't say I've noticed any difference. I wasn't really looking for this, because I didn't find any problems with it in the first place.

> 4. Are there more teams, and are there any more Premiership teams?
> Tottenham prehaps?

In Final Evolution, there are, I think, a few more new teams, but no new Premiership teams, like Tottenham...although why you'd want them is another matter...*cough* :-D

> 5. Can you transfer players without having to go into the Master
> League mode. What i mean is, can you update the transfers yourself, by
> buying and selling players in a transfer mode?
>
No.

6. Have the player faces been updated? Because there were only about
> 50 decent faces on PES2, and that wasn't enough really.

Yes. More realistic. And when you want to create a new player, you might as well get a pillow ready to fall on, because you might hurt yourself after you feint.
>
> 7. Last, but not least, has the Master League mode been made longer,
> with proper cups in between the league games, such as the European cup
> and other real cups?
>
I haven't seen much of the Master League, but, I think there isn't much difference. I'll have to ask.

> That is all, answers would be greatfully appreciated.

Wait until PES3, mate - just you wait.
Sun 09/03/03 at 15:42
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
You know they had that competition Nath, where you suggested new modes etc.? Did they ever put it in the Official mag or did they just forget about us again?
Sun 09/03/03 at 15:04
Regular
"  "
I doubt it will be PES3, as Konami wouldn't have bothered getting everyones views on what they want in PES3 if they had already almost completed it...
Sun 09/03/03 at 14:31
Regular
El Juicy wrote:
> 1. Before i get to the questions, is the copy you have got the
> equivilent to Pro Evo 3, or will PES3 be a completely different
> game?

The copy I have for my GameCube is an updated version of PES2 and is a much better game. Rumours have it that PES3 is just the version I have for my GameCube but this time it will be released in Europe. The next big version in Japan is Winning Eleven 7 which will be more advanced than PES3. The graphics are sharper and the game runs at a solid 60fps which is something my friend tells me PES2 doesn't.

> 2. Licensing, have they got it all sorted out, or will i have to get
> my friend to download the save files with all the corrected names?

The whole game that I have is in Japanese including players, menus etc. The players names are easy to edit and the back of the shirts actually contain the real players names. When I get around to buying a memory card for the game I will start the update and go through the whole game making everything up to date.

> 3. Has the collision sensor thing been sorted out? Like, when i go in
> for a sliding tackle on PES2, i sometimes get the ball and the referee
> still gives a free kick. Has this changed?

Although I have only watched videos of PES2 I can safely say that evrything has been sorted out. When I slid for the ball near a ref he actually fell over my tackle and the on coming player had to dive over the top before rolling across the grass. When you shoulder barge a player they either fall to the ground or battle away. In terms of realism to football it doesn't get any better than this.

> 4. Are there more teams, and are there any more Premiership teams?
> Tottenham prehaps?

I aren't sure of which teams were in PES2 but teams like Leeds, Newcastle, Birmingham, West Ham etc are in the game. There is a team creation area where you can actually create a team and their exact flag to match their rea life counter parts. I haven't played with too many clubs as I have spent most of the time learning the controls and playing International friendlies to try out what the training vidoes have shown.

> 5. Can you transfer players without having to go into the Master
> League mode. What i mean is, can you update the transfers yourself, by
> buying and selling players in a transfer mode?

Yes in the editor you can update players which have moved to different clubs. Although the game is in Japanese the menus are fairly easy to understand. There are guides on gamefaqs.com with full menu translations and up to date squads if you needed any help with the update.

> 6. Have the player faces been updated? Because there were only about
> 50 decent faces on PES2, and that wasn't enough really.

The player likeness is unprecedented and although some need updating in the editor the majority are brilliant. For example all the names are in Japanese yet when I went to the Leeds squad and searched for Alan Smith I could recognise him straight away. The players actually move and act like they do in real life and at times you will find it hard to realise that it is just a game. The animations are far more advanced than PES2 and there are some new tricks and ball skills added into WE6FE.

> 7. Last, but not least, has the Master League mode been made longer,
> with proper cups in between the league games, such as the European cup
> and other real cups?

Not sure as of yet as I have only just began to venture into the Master League and because I don't have a memory card I rarely see 5 games through without quiting. Once I have progressed further I will let you know. The Master League has been updated over PES2 according to the reviews I read before getting the game, however until I have done at least one season I won't comment on these.

> That is all, answers would be greatfully appreciated.

If I haven't given you the answers that you wanted just feel free to ask and I will try to be of more help. The Master League is my least knowledgable area but I am learning as I go through it.

Hope this helps!
Sun 09/03/03 at 10:56
Regular
"  "
El Juicy wrote:
> Nå†ßu© wrote:
> West Hame. Heh.
>
> But Juicy, Richards and Anderton are more deserving... aye?
>
> Not really, to be honest, Anderton has lost it. Etherington needs to
> be called up, but i'm not too sure if he is in the under 21 team. He
> needs some England experience, because he is a quality player.

So that would explain why he (Anderton) was awarded Sky Sports, The Mirrors, and OPTA's Man of The award for the Fulham and Sunderland. He was also Spurs best player occording to OPTA last month. :)
Sun 09/03/03 at 10:17
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> West Hame. Heh.
>
> But Juicy, Richards and Anderton are more deserving... aye?

Not really, to be honest, Anderton has lost it. Etherington needs to be called up, but i'm not too sure if he is in the under 21 team. He needs some England experience, because he is a quality player.
Sun 09/03/03 at 10:15
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I still don't see the point in importing games, but here goes my questions:

1. Before i get to the questions, is the copy you have got the equivilent to Pro Evo 3, or will PES3 be a completely different game?

2. Licensing, have they got it all sorted out, or will i have to get my friend to download the save files with all the corrected names?

3. Has the collision sensor thing been sorted out? Like, when i go in for a sliding tackle on PES2, i sometimes get the ball and the referee still gives a free kick. Has this changed?

4. Are there more teams, and are there any more Premiership teams? Tottenham prehaps?

5. Can you transfer players without having to go into the Master League mode. What i mean is, can you update the transfers yourself, by buying and selling players in a transfer mode?

6. Have the player faces been updated? Because there were only about 50 decent faces on PES2, and that wasn't enough really.

7. Last, but not least, has the Master League mode been made longer, with proper cups in between the league games, such as the European cup and other real cups?

That is all, answers would be greatfully appreciated.
Sun 09/03/03 at 00:21
Regular
Not sure if this is welcome in here but...

I got Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution for the GameCube last Wednesday and ever since then I can not put the controller down. Its graphically a lot stronger than PES2 and the new player animation are excellent. The GameCube version is apparently better than the PS2 version but unless you Mod-Chip your PS2 you can not play it. I picked up a copy of WE6FE + Freeloader for £65 and on top of that I need a 251 Memory card to save my JAP games because they format English memory cards. The Menus are easy to translate and within a couple of days I am already navigating them like I would with the an English version. If anyone would like additional information about the game (even though I have the GC version) then feel free to ask.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.