GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMEADAY=GAMEACON"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/09/00 at 20:35
Regular
Have any of you noticed that most days if you log on at 6pm (I got surftime so it's free after that) then the winner is already announced! I think thats a con! Admins mods can you tell me why I am being conned into spending all my time here making your site look popular when I could just go on a chat room with the knowledge that no one has any of my records like email, whereabouts I live, etc!

Also I have been on this site for over a year! Some people I know from my area have been on once or twice and have won cos they are new members! (Like Python, I know him! He's only been on once or twice and not came back since he won!)
Sun 03/09/00 at 20:35
Have any of you noticed that most days if you log on at 6pm (I got surftime so it's free after that) then the winner is already announced! I think thats a con! Admins mods can you tell me why I am being conned into spending all my time here making your site look popular when I could just go on a chat room with the knowledge that no one has any of my records like email, whereabouts I live, etc!

Also I have been on this site for over a year! Some people I know from my area have been on once or twice and have won cos they are new members! (Like Python, I know him! He's only been on once or twice and not came back since he won!)
Sun 03/09/00 at 20:48
I know what you mean Edgy. Admittedly - I have won, but I was 'awarded' 4Wheel Thunder - not only is the game inexplicably poor, but the SR team just don't reply to ANY emails! I emailed them Many a time about the casing of this game - It was broken when it arrived and the parts of the case were actually missing.
Gameaday is not a con, but it is pathetic. They only really pick people who have hardly posted or are new at the time of winning.
Mon 04/09/00 at 20:42
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
On behalf of Gameaday,
Gameaday is not a con and you both should be grateful for the games they give away. This isn't just a forum this is a forum you can win in, so be grateful.

You are getting games for free, so shut up and forget about it, and if you think its a con tell Special Reserve and they won't let you win. So then you can write things without being able to win for your otherwise usaull entries to the forum.

Also letting new users win is fair as winning all the time is greedy. If you where that good you could win everyday otherwise!
Also Special reserve are a great company and will anwser any emails they feel are worth anwsering, all the ones I have sent have been.

And whoever is doubting Special Reserve don't, it is a great company which is worth joining, and damn good for value!

So Special Reserve, I sollute you, and so do all the other Gameaday winners!

Well done.
Mon 04/09/00 at 22:37
[turns head away in disgust <<] Rocket Man...
Mon 04/09/00 at 22:50
Typical. Say one bad thing about Special Reserve and you get no chance of winning! If anyone says anything bad about my Nintendo club, I don't ban them! Everyone has a right to their own opinion!

Also I wasn't saying anything bad about SR! I was saying it about GAmeaday! It is very poorly run! How can you choose a winner out of all the messages in a day if you have decided the winner by lunchtime?

Maybe I'll get BBC watchdog on the case!

I buy loads of things from special reserve and I'm not saying at all that the company is bad! Just the running of this message board! Try getting UBB and some moderators! It's much easier to run!
If you don't believe me then check out www.codejunkies.com message board or www.3drealms.com message board.

By the way you said it would be unfair if you won loads of times!

It would be unfair if a member reviewing a game in the discussion area won as it's ment to be in the reviews section but I've seen loads win that way!

It would be unfair for members to win if they submit cheats in the discussion area instead of the cheats section. In fact I've posted War of the Worlds cheats ages ago. Not the ones everyone knows but KNEW ones but I can't find them when searching for them! That's poor running of the club.

And I haven't won ever on Special Reserve! I don't use this to win (unlike most members) but it would be nice to know that my messages are being considered!

Would you like it if you were told you had a chance of winning something on my Nintendo site but really you didn't have a chance in hell cos you posted 10 seconds after lunch?

Basically saying you can win a game of your choice just by sending a message on the forum is FRAUD and FALSE ADVERTISING and if a law firm picks it up could get some major dosh off you!!!!

you have been warned!
Mon 04/09/00 at 22:58
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
Edgey I am not reffering to you most I am reffering to 'Sad Dan' there. All I hear is him goin on about his broken case!!!!!!!!
Big deal!!!
Mon 04/09/00 at 23:54
Rocket Man - have you just earned £67 in two days by reviewing items?
have you visited the site? I am a skank - I need cash, so this is how I earn it. Anyway, about that broken case - it's not so much the fact that the case was broken - it's the SR team's service. It is meant to be a game that you win - it should be of the same standard of other games cases -

'sad Dan out....
Tue 05/09/00 at 09:02
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
See what I mean people,

SAD!!!!!!
Tue 05/09/00 at 10:10
Regular
"not dead"
Edgy, I understand that you might be annoyed as it seem like you don't have a chance to win, but there's not much you can do about it. There is no contract between you and gameaday and in the terms and conditions it only says the best comment, review or cheat submitted that day will win the game of their choice. It could well refer to day in the working day sense of the word ie 9am-5pm. I haven't won anything yet either, but you've been here longer than me.
Tue 05/09/00 at 11:11
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
if you haven't won u will win adventualy, but if you have it will be quite hard. They look for origanl entries, try putting in a pun or something, and make your point clear. Make it diffrent to everyone elses messages.
Look at the reviews and stuff you have done already and improve on them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.