GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conversations"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/07/07 at 07:38
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I often speak to a certain person in my family. Now one thing i cant stand is when he opens his mouth. Everything he says he is right (well in his eyes anyway)

He is one of these people you can sit and have a conversation with. However you can sit there and talk about anything and be so right in what you say. Only for him to say everything you have said, but say it just in a different way to how you said it. Using different words and making it 10x longer. He really likes to waffle on and on....

He acts like he knows everything, always thinking he is right. ALso using his hands to talk, ok we all do it at times but god he sooo cant keep still.

If anyone can talk for England he can.

Does anyone do that here, when they talk it sounds better there way. To actually repeat something thats been said. you like to hear it your way and you feel like your contributing to a conversation if you repeat whats been said but make it last longer?

Do you use your hands alot when you talk? people flap there hands about when they talk and sometimes it can get irratating.

ANother thing, how about eye contact when you have a conversation. When i speak to someone i can only look at them so long, after a while i tend to glance away or make out im doin something and then look at them again later. I get so paranoid if im staring in a conversation.

What about butting in conversations, do you do it alot or can you let a person finishe what there saying?

Is there anything else you dont like about conversations. Do any of you avoid getting in to conversations for any reason?
Wed 11/07/07 at 09:16
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
@ngeI wrote:

> He is one of these people you can sit and have a conversation
> with. However you can sit there and talk about anything and be
> so right in what you say. Only for him to say everything you
> have said, but say it just in a different way to how you said
> it. Using different words and making it 10x longer. He really
> likes to waffle on and on....

I have a work colleague who takes about 10 minutes to say something that could be said in 2 and it can get really annoying. Quite often I'll finish their conversation for them.

> He acts like he knows everything, always thinking he is right.
> ALso using his hands to talk, ok we all do it at times but god
> he sooo cant keep still.

The work colleague above flaps her arms about a lot and can look quite silly at times.

> Do you use your hands alot when you talk? people flap there
> hands about when they talk and sometimes it can get irratating.

If I'm giving a speech I'll move my arms a bit but in normal day to day conversation I don't.

> ANother thing, how about eye contact when you have a
> conversation. When i speak to someone i can only look at them so
> long, after a while i tend to glance away or make out im doin
> something and then look at them again later. I get so paranoid
> if im staring in a conversation.

I can hold eye contact for about 5 seconds and after that I'll naturally look away, usually behind them then back to them etc.

> What about butting in conversations, do you do it alot or can
> you let a person finishe what there saying?

I don't but in unless they're going on and on and I want to get away and think it's rude for people to do so without good cause.

> Is there anything else you dont like about conversations. Do any
> of you avoid getting in to conversations for any reason?

There are certain people I try and avoid talking to either because I don't like them or they think they're always right and there are times I just don't want to talk but if I have to I will.
Wed 11/07/07 at 08:34
"LOLLERSKATES!"
@ngeI wrote:
> Once i get in to a conversation with someone i can really go on
> and ramble. I irritate myself and i can get to the point where
> in my head im saying ok now, shut up!
>
> But then ill go on and on again.
>
> At times i can be real shy and not join in on a conversation and
> just sit there and listen. Then i just feel like im been
> ignorant.

Talking to someone who goes on and on is much better than talking to someone who's boring.
Wed 11/07/07 at 08:24
Regular
"Monochromatic"
It depends entirely on my mood. 90% of the time i'm quite reserved and most expression comes from my eyes but i find i use my hands more when i'm uncomfortable or i need to take charge or something. It's largely involuntary but it does empower me.
Wed 11/07/07 at 08:22
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Once i get in to a conversation with someone i can really go on and ramble. I irritate myself and i can get to the point where in my head im saying ok now, shut up!

But then ill go on and on again.

At times i can be real shy and not join in on a conversation and just sit there and listen. Then i just feel like im been ignorant.
Wed 11/07/07 at 08:18
"possibly impossible"
I worry sometimes about how I come across. I'm quite confident at talking, but I feel like I'm being misunderstood. I think sometimes I do come across as seeming to know it all, but that's not my intention and it's often just the way I talk.

I tend to get very animated about something I'm interested in, such as games or technology or writing, so I can ramble on about those things, but I like to think I'm also a good listener and I'll always make time for what others have to say and respect their opinions.
Wed 11/07/07 at 08:06
"possibly impossible"
Gesticulating tends to be done by people who are used to giving presentations, as it's one of the tools you can use to get your point across. I find myself doing it more often now after years of giving out training to staff and having to stand up in front of rooms full of people.

It's a cultural thing, though. A lot of English people are quite reserved about waving their hands around in general conversation, but from my experience, those in the Mediterranean do it all the time.
Wed 11/07/07 at 08:05
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I'm quite argumentative and have a tendancy to think i'm right (Although usually I am, I would only argue if i'm sure I was right). I get it from my Auntie, but I get on with her really well (She got my Wii for me :D) and we always have long drawn out conversations. Like for like is always helpful. I've never been told i'm a pain to talk to though, I know the line.

I can't stand waffling, most teachers do it at school and I just get bored and find something better to do. I'm very conscious about waving my hands, I only do it when i'm demonstrating something and would usually put my hands in my pocket. I suppose I first noticed it when I saw Tony Blair giving a presentation, and he couldn't stop swirling his hands around. Oh, and eye contact can be very intimidating.
Wed 11/07/07 at 07:51
Regular
"..."
Two things I hate about conversations.

People who, when you're talking them, say something with only the slightest link to what you've said, just so they can make the conversation about them.

Example:-
Other Person:- So how's your studying going?
Me:- Erm, not bad at the moment.
Other Person:- That's good, you know I studied for Salad Tossing at the University of Poop 20 years ago?
Me:-...

People who but into your conversation with someone else to talk about something completely unrelated.
Wed 11/07/07 at 07:38
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I often speak to a certain person in my family. Now one thing i cant stand is when he opens his mouth. Everything he says he is right (well in his eyes anyway)

He is one of these people you can sit and have a conversation with. However you can sit there and talk about anything and be so right in what you say. Only for him to say everything you have said, but say it just in a different way to how you said it. Using different words and making it 10x longer. He really likes to waffle on and on....

He acts like he knows everything, always thinking he is right. ALso using his hands to talk, ok we all do it at times but god he sooo cant keep still.

If anyone can talk for England he can.

Does anyone do that here, when they talk it sounds better there way. To actually repeat something thats been said. you like to hear it your way and you feel like your contributing to a conversation if you repeat whats been said but make it last longer?

Do you use your hands alot when you talk? people flap there hands about when they talk and sometimes it can get irratating.

ANother thing, how about eye contact when you have a conversation. When i speak to someone i can only look at them so long, after a while i tend to glance away or make out im doin something and then look at them again later. I get so paranoid if im staring in a conversation.

What about butting in conversations, do you do it alot or can you let a person finishe what there saying?

Is there anything else you dont like about conversations. Do any of you avoid getting in to conversations for any reason?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.