GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 Price finally drops"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/07 at 11:57
"possibly impossible"
So, Sony have done the one thing everyone said they should do from the off, reduce the price of the Playstation 3.

After news that Blu-ray production costs had been cut, it was inevitable that the price of the PS3 console (kept high due to said Blu-ray technology being built in) would eventually come down.

The new price offer is currently only available in America, with $100 disappearing off the 60 Gigabyte model, making it a more tasty $499. A European price drop is now highly likely based on this.

It also comes at the same time as Sony look to release a slightly amended PS3 version with an extra 20 Gigabytes of hard drive space. This will sell for the old price of $599 but will include Motorstorm. It's worth noting, however, that any standard hard drive can be used in the PS3 and Sony have confirmed this was a design specification.
Thu 12/07/07 at 12:53
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
It's still too expensive for me to be tempted to buy it.

When I had my PS1 I waited until the price dropped quite a bit before getting a PS2 as by then there were still enough games coming out for the PS to keep me interested in it and fingers crossed the same will happen for the PS2.
Wed 11/07/07 at 15:20
Regular
"8==="
Didn't lik-sang get buried under legal fluff from Sony so much that they closed?

Sony don't like imports so no chance of a warranty, I suppose you could insure the machine yourself.
Wed 11/07/07 at 15:12
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Killer Nightmare wrote:
> Unless Sony europe drops it to about 300. I'm only
> slightly hesistant to import it due to the warranty issues. Does
> anyone know if I import it and it breaks down, whetehr the
> warranty will cover me as I'm in England?

I think not, if you look at lik-sang.com, one of the things they have quoted Sony as saying is that imports have no warranty coverage.
Wed 11/07/07 at 14:58
Regular
"8==="
It's built like a brick, so it should be sturdy enough anyway.

That's my console buying logic. My original Xbox was a brick and it's fine same as my Dell which is also an ugly brick.
Wed 11/07/07 at 14:55
"cheerios"
So 250 quid from America...Im definitely getting it then when I go there. Unless Sony europe drops it to about 300. I'm only slightly hesistant to import it due to the warranty issues. Does anyone know if I import it and it breaks down, whetehr the warranty will cover me as I'm in England?
Tue 10/07/07 at 20:34
Regular
I'm still looking for a price cut on wiimotes, double A battery trash.
Tue 10/07/07 at 20:28
Regular
Click

Apparently the new chipset is ready. It'll run cooler & be cheaper. So good news all round.
Tue 10/07/07 at 18:31
Regular
"8==="
It's on Gamespot's news section. Some analyst expects it to happen.

It makes sense if MS want to keep the huge price gap between the consoles going but if they want to show a decent profit then they might not.

Consoles selling at a loss are nothing new though so they'll probably do it as it won't cause waves anywhere but Sony HQ. :D
Tue 10/07/07 at 18:09
Regular
Source pb?

I thought Microsoft didnt want to drop their prices. Or was that just in Japan =/
Tue 10/07/07 at 17:58
"possibly impossible"
Now it looks as if Microsoft is following suit and lowering the price of the 360 (while sticking their tongue out at Sony)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.