GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think of the GameCube sitution?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/03/03 at 07:04
Regular
Some may say that the Gamecube isn't doing tvery well. But in my opinion I think it's doing great. Sure, we did have a bad christmas line up but the gamecube is now in second place in terms of sales. And look at the great line up for this year, Zelda, Metroid Prime, Mario Kart, Mario party, Mario Golf, F-Zero, PNO3, Mario 128, Pikmin 2, Splinter Cell etc.. So overall I think the gamecube is doing really well, despite Dixons not going to sell gamecube products anyway who has purchased a game from Dixons anyway? Any thoughts will be welcome and if you disagree that's fine.

Thanks for reading

John.J
Tue 11/03/03 at 20:28
Regular
People swore for the last few months the Gamecube was doomed.

Lets look at those last few months... no real releases to talk of... so no adverts... and only talk of price drops to come.

Now we have price drops be it official or not we have them, we have some major releases and I predict a Gamecube bundle deal after the release of Metroid Prime. Oh and Dixons selling their stock so cheaply has increased Gamecube's in Europe dramatically. March will be a turning point for the Cube in europe... this single headline made me bow my head in dissapointment:

"Gamecube goes online... no one notices."

The first of this range of consoles to go online in Britain and it came in at number 20.
Tue 11/03/03 at 20:22
Regular
"wheres lifes manual"
GC aint doing bad atall! the only reason PS2 is so succsessful is that it was the best when it came out. the N64 had great games but lacked in areas so when the PS2 came out, a revolution in terms of hardware so the souless sheep flocked, GC was late, very late so comparitive figures show that GC is doin GREAT! and with the line-up we got this year all i can say is that PS2 fans dont know what they're missing!!
Tue 11/03/03 at 13:09
"For the horde!!!!"
Well the PS2 isn't anything special.
Tue 11/03/03 at 13:04
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Might be, but he's right.
Tue 11/03/03 at 13:02
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
RM18, not a dig at the PS2 is that ?
Tue 11/03/03 at 12:11
Regular
To be honest, I don't care about how full the release date is, its quality, not quantity. I'd rather have five games coming out this year that I desperately want, and that I know will be top-notch, instead of a release date choc-a-bloc with the same-old, same old.
Tue 11/03/03 at 12:00
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> *looks at release list*
>
> Yup I'm extremly happy with the release lists.

Yea, Phantasy Star Online and Resident Evil Zero last friday, Monkey Ball 2 this friday and a little game called Metroid Prime on the 21st. March is a mighty fine month for the Cube, and the rest of the year looks pretty sweet too.
Tue 11/03/03 at 11:57
Regular
Cube's actually doing really well in other areas of Europe, it's outselling XBox by quite a large figure in Germany and France.

*looks at release list*

Yup I'm extremly happy with the release lists.
Tue 11/03/03 at 11:26
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Before christmas, everyone was saying the xbox was doomed like the dreamcast, now it seems that gamecube is instead. Microsofts saving grace is their vast buckets of filthy cash to throw around., but nintendo aint exactly on the verge of bankrupcy, like sega were when the dc was canned, and the thing is with nintendo, they dont quit - as badly as it was selling, the n64 was still available in some stores up until the Gamecube was released.

also its at least another two years till gc's successor is out.

Come on nintendo, get your act together and promote the gamecube like it deserves.
and everyone out there, if you dont have a cube - go get one.
Tue 11/03/03 at 11:25
"Darkness, always"
Given that the Cube is doing well in both Japan and America, the worst case scenario is that I have to start importing games.

Gamecube is fine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.