GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has Sony made a wrong move?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/12/01 at 16:19
Regular
Is it just me who thought the coloured PS2's were tacky? I read an interview with the designer of the PS2 who said it was black to symbolise space, and teh purple and blue was the Earth, and life. So basically they just threw his hard work out of the window because Ken Kutaragi likes cars. The damn things look like PVC for God's sake! Thank God they were only limited edition.
Mon 24/12/01 at 16:19
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Is it just me who thought the coloured PS2's were tacky? I read an interview with the designer of the PS2 who said it was black to symbolise space, and teh purple and blue was the Earth, and life. So basically they just threw his hard work out of the window because Ken Kutaragi likes cars. The damn things look like PVC for God's sake! Thank God they were only limited edition.
Mon 24/12/01 at 16:23
Another GAD winner methinks........
Mon 24/12/01 at 16:39
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
No, seriously, do you think they have?
Mon 24/12/01 at 18:24
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Errrr... I read that interview about the PS2 styling, and all he was really saying was:

The console is huge... we made it look smaller by making it out fo 2 boxes. Oh, and all the blackness was just because black is the new grey...

I think the new colours look good... at least people have choice!

Sonic
Mon 24/12/01 at 18:33
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You obviously read a different interview. And people don't really have any choice as their all gone now. Does no one else think theyr'e tacky!?
Mon 24/12/01 at 18:35
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
*they're, sorry about the mistakes
Mon 24/12/01 at 18:36
Regular
yes i do they look bollards (apart from the silver one), but black is still best
Mon 24/12/01 at 18:39
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Blank wrote:
> You obviously read a different interview. And people don't really have any
> choice as their all gone now. Does no one else think theyr'e tacky!?

No! I read the same interview!

But all that rubbnish about black being the clour of space, and blue being the colour of earth blah blah blah is rrubbish!

It just looked cool... black is the new grey

Sonic
Mon 24/12/01 at 19:40
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
does it real matter what colour the ps2 is? i don't care even if it was pink or stinky brown as long as it does what it is suppose to do, it really does'nt matter and no i don't think sony have made a wrong move as it won't affect sales in a negative way.
Mon 24/12/01 at 20:45
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The colour PS2's are special editions. They will be collectors items as only a few thousand of each colour are too be sold. So no they havent made a wrong move, as one day we will be able to see all 6 different colour PS2's in a computer museum.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.