GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MS Lengthens Warranty period"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/07/07 at 10:27
Regular
Clicky

MS have come out and basically admitted there's a problem with the 360, and are extending warrantys to 3 years.

Thoughts?
Fri 06/07/07 at 10:27
Regular
Clicky

MS have come out and basically admitted there's a problem with the 360, and are extending warrantys to 3 years.

Thoughts?
Fri 06/07/07 at 10:33
Regular
Need to fix your link dude.

I think it's good that they've actually admitted it, I can't read the link yet but what does this mean for the people who have already bought one and their warranties have run out already?
Fri 06/07/07 at 11:01
Regular
Link fixed.

They are going to give the extended warranty to new and existing machines, and refund any charges made to people who've needed to get one fixed.
Fri 06/07/07 at 11:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
And it'll cost them about $1 billion. I don't know what to think of it to be honest.

The cynic in me thinks that $1 billion is like pocket change to Microsoft and they're just trying to buy our loyalty after releasing a problematic console, plus their getting one over on Sony who never really helped out with my 3 PS2s that died of Disc Read Error.

The gamer in me recognises that my XBox 360 is working fine so far with no hints of problems and I now have an extra 2 years warranty on it courtesy of Microsoft, literally worry-free gaming for the next 24 months.

The consumer in me appreciates good customer service when I see it, and recognises the clear signal sent out that Microsoft want to be in this business for a long time to come.

So overall... I think Microsoft have done the right thing and I'm more confident personally that I made the right decision when I decided to invest my gaming time in them.
Fri 06/07/07 at 11:54
"possibly impossible"
Problem is, there's enough 360 consoles with the old Disc Read Error problems already, and this isn't covered by the extended warranty. While it's a good move, I don't think it goes far enough.
Fri 06/07/07 at 12:21
Regular
Well, the way I read it, the warranty extends to all XBox 360s from launch to present and all sold from this day forth. The XBox 360 launched in Nov 2005, therefore Microsoft have just given everyone who owns an existing XBox a minimum of an extra 17 months warranty, free P&P if it dies due to the recognised three red light causes and money back to anyone who ever had an XBox 360 repaired for the same reason.

That's... pretty generous.
Sat 07/07/07 at 05:45
Regular
"8==="
Mine's around a year-old and still going fine. apparently they suck up dust until they die but I like to think that buying about 7 months after launch has meant my console has the benefits of a less rushed production line and whatever small manufacturing advances they made in that time period (like better quality fans and better soldering I should hope).

If it goes I'll not be a happy bunny.
Sat 07/07/07 at 15:15
Regular
I think it's great news, but then i'm still on my launch console and haven't had any problems *touch wood*
Sat 07/07/07 at 17:10
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I got the 3 red lights today, didn't even get to put a game in. :'-(
Sat 07/07/07 at 17:50
Regular
Was it new or secondhand and where did you get it? (So I can avoid them). Hope your next one is a good one :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.