GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dance music borrowing from old computer music"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/09/00 at 09:55
Regular
While listening to the radio the other day I suddenly noticed that some of the dance music I was listening to contained familiar tunes. I couldn't quite place where they were coming from until I realised that it was not from any song I had heard previously on the radio, but from a computer. I was convinced that this song I was listening to contained music from an old Spectrum game. I listened closely to some other music and found that a lot of the current dance tunes have similar pieces of warbly music in.
Now whether these actually come from commodore and spectrum games that the creator has had in the past, or I'm just imagining it, I don't know, but it struck me as an interesting idea that perhaps these tunes could live again as modern dance music, perhaps someone could try to remix an old favorite speccy game and add a beat? I'm going back to my spectrum games now and I'm going to listen closely....
Sun 01/10/00 at 11:38
"possibly impossible"
That Zombie Nation tune has bits in the background that sound just like an old spectrum game, but I can't think which one it is. It is strange how we hear game music in songs, but perhaps that is because we've played too many games in the past! (you can never play too many games in my opinion!) Perhaps the artists are really using games music from their favorite old computers, but I think that there are so few original sounding tunes in songs these days that they just sound similar. Mind you, if I was musical I'd at least have an idea for a song now, I'd put lots of old games music to a beat. It would probably do quite well at the moment by the sounds of it!
Fri 22/09/00 at 11:14
Your right you know, I've heard lots of old tunes in todays modern Dance tunes from classic Commodore 64 games.
Sat 02/09/00 at 09:55
While listening to the radio the other day I suddenly noticed that some of the dance music I was listening to contained familiar tunes. I couldn't quite place where they were coming from until I realised that it was not from any song I had heard previously on the radio, but from a computer. I was convinced that this song I was listening to contained music from an old Spectrum game. I listened closely to some other music and found that a lot of the current dance tunes have similar pieces of warbly music in.
Now whether these actually come from commodore and spectrum games that the creator has had in the past, or I'm just imagining it, I don't know, but it struck me as an interesting idea that perhaps these tunes could live again as modern dance music, perhaps someone could try to remix an old favorite speccy game and add a beat? I'm going back to my spectrum games now and I'm going to listen closely....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.