GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Two Worlds"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Two Worlds'.
Thu 05/07/07 at 15:21
Regular
Has anyone seen a review of this? I've read a couple of previews which say it's "Oblivion: Online".

This could be the game that I get a 360 for.

Any info much appreciated.
Thu 23/08/07 at 04:36
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I've come to the conclusion this game is from a team where original thought is banned. I have this vision of them sitting down, looking at the other RPGs out there and taking what features they liked and throwing it all together. Except inevitably it all feels a bit disjointed. The patching seems to be an attempt to make it all fit together into something more coherent. Yet it doesnt stop it being incredibly generic and somewhat soulless.

Having said that, 360 owners are probably going to find it more enjoyable as the genre isnt well serviced on there yet. For the PC the competition is a bit tougher.
Thu 23/08/07 at 03:15
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The level scaling*, loot scaling and the fact that you can no longer stack armor and weapons that are too high for your level which allowed you to one-shot everything in the game from about level 10 onwards was pretty drastic.

*Don't panic, it's not as bad as Oblivions, the scaling stops once mobs reach their max level in most cases, e.g. fauna stops scaling up around level 15-20 and you'll still be able to one-shot most things if you put some work and a lot of levels into your character. Bandits, ogres and cyclops will remain a pain in the butt, but will have loot scaled accordingly, so always worth fighting.

Being able to actually control where your fireballs land is probably the most 'fun' addition that was missing previously, but there are many many other improvements, all listed here.
Wed 22/08/07 at 19:00
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Any reviews out there prior to this date didn't review the
> current version which, due to the 1.5 patch, is vastly
> different to previous versions, so if you see a review check the
> date on it :)

Vastly? Hardly, theres some nice stuff in there, nothing game changing though.
Wed 22/08/07 at 17:14
Regular
Play are doing a Premium with Forza 2 for £250, pretty tempting. Think I'll hang on until Halo 3 is out as I'm sure there will be bundles and offers then.
Wed 22/08/07 at 17:04
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> do places do a single player review and then an online
> review a little later once they've spent more time with it?

For the online console RPGs what they've started doing is:

1) Get a review out just so they can say they've reviewed it
2) Add a note that the game will be revisited at a later date to see how the community has developed, how the economy is, what extra content has arrived, what bugs have been fixed etc.
3) Do a 'Revisited' Review

IGN have done similar things with Phantasy Star Universe and Final Fantasy XI, but you're talking roughly 3 or 4 months after the game was first launched.

In simple terms, if you're going to get an XBox 360 because you want to see what online play is like, get Forza 2 or Rainbow Six Vegas or even Halo 2 (which I personally hate). All 3 of those are shining examples of how well XBox Live handles online play. Forza in particular, you'll have trouble remembering if your offline against AI or online against humans sometimes.

If you want a game that's going to show of the XBox 360's power, either Oblivion or Bioshock would probably fit the bill. Oops, forgot Gears of War, that'll cover both aspects.
Wed 22/08/07 at 16:42
Regular
Cheers for the tip. It's the online side of things I'm interested in. Not owning a 360 yet I've not really looked into it but do places do a single player review and then an online review a little later once they've spent more time with it?
Wed 22/08/07 at 16:36
Regular
I'm expecting reviews to start popping up towards the end of next week to be honest. I'm sure the promo review copies will have been sent out by now but it's not exactly the kind of game you can play for 3 days solid then write a comprehensive review of.

I'm guessing the average review score will be around the 7.5-8.5 mark (that's 8.5-9.5 for RPG/Grindfest fans which is great).

Any reviews out there prior to this date didn't review the current version which, due to the 1.5 patch, is vastly different to previous versions, so if you see a review check the date on it :)
Wed 22/08/07 at 15:30
Regular
There'll be no chance my comp can handle it. Will you be getting the X360 version? If it's out next week, then there should be some reviews floating around of it I can have a look at.

EDIT - Just read your post properly and you said the 360 version, apologies.
Wed 22/08/07 at 14:59
Regular
European 360 release date is now 29th August (confirmed by the publisher) so sometime Wednesday/Friday next week I'll be grinding away in this.

PC demo is also now available (try Gamershell.com which mirrors it) but make sure your graphics card can handle it before you bother, check the specs at 2-worlds.com or on the zuxxez.com forums (the specs are posted somewhere on both of those sites).
Fri 06/07/07 at 10:24
Regular
Cheers for the info FM, definitely one to keep an eye on I think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.