GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you celebrate your Birthday?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/07/07 at 19:37
"possibly impossible"
Birthdays seem to come around every year these days. The years in question seem to get shorter and shorter though, which can mean that your birthday comes back into orbit a bit too soon.

Some people dread the thought of getting older. People in the spotlight often resort to surgery to alter the outward appearance of their aging, and even those of us who don't have cameras pointed at our faces each day can decide to go under the knife.

But the premise of a Birthday also brings ideas of parties, celebration and general happiness for others. Two sides of the same coin, some see only one side and others are constantly flipped between the two.

As for myself, I don't mind getting older, but no-body really celebrates my birthday any more, so I don't really do anything special. I don't feel any sense of dread at another year passing, or awkward about my changing appearance, but then I don't really embrace the day either, so I'm stuck in the middle, still spinning I guess.

So how do you see your birthday? Is it a day to celebrate or comiserate?
Wed 11/07/07 at 10:34
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I don't really celebrate as in a party usually just go out for a meal and these days the only presents I get are from Louise and my dad
Fri 06/07/07 at 10:45
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Well i cant say i mind getting older. I dont celebrate my birthday and to be honest i think the last time i really did was when i was about 17. With my birthday been on December the 31st it is usually taken over by new year.

I hope to get back in to celebrating it, starting this year :)
Wed 04/07/07 at 23:02
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
People say a birthday means you're a whole year older.

Well, actually, since the day before your birthday, you're only a day older...
Wed 04/07/07 at 22:40
Regular
"eat toast!"
For my birthday i do...absolutely nothing. I live that day as if it was any other day. Reason? I never get brilliant birthday parties and frankly i would be saving everyone the hassle by simply not bothering. Gift wise, i can't seem to think of anything i would want unless it was a waste of someones cash.

Incdiently my entire family doesn't really care. I try to get presents when possible for my parents but it never seems to be much. It saddens me. I should buy him a watch or something. Maybe something for my brother as well.
Wed 04/07/07 at 22:37
"slightlyshortertagl"
Wed 04/07/07 at 22:31
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Twain wrote:
> I'd much rather get
> money in my cards (which I do every year) than get presents.
> That way I can get what I like.

I used to be like that but when you get older and you've got money, it's no fun being given more.

> I believe that birthdays are for you and your friends, and that
> Christmas is for you and your family.

Agreed
Wed 04/07/07 at 22:27
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I really don't care about looking older. It's going to happen eventually anyway.

I don't celebrate my birthday really. I get cards and very rarely get presents, but I don't mind that. I'd much rather get money in my cards (which I do every year) than get presents. That way I can get what I like.

I'll always make an effort to get a card or something for a mate's b'day though.

I believe that birthdays are for you and your friends, and that Christmas is for you and your family.
Wed 04/07/07 at 22:25
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Sunflower wrote:
> I don't want to celebrate my birthday... But me mum kinda makes
> me

You should celebrate it, you'll miss it when no-one does when you're older :)
Personally the day tends to drift by without anything happening and i'm left with the feeling that i should be doing something. I think i will do something this year. I'm planning on going to Belgium sometime in the next couple of weeks. God knows why, just fancied getting away and it was cheap.
Wed 04/07/07 at 21:33
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Alfonse wrote:
> I haven't been invited to my best friends suprise birthday
> party.
>
> Someone play me some ultra sad music.

Ah, same here, well, not my best friend. I haven't spoken to her since.
Wed 04/07/07 at 21:32
Regular
"I may return"
*Puts on Don't Cha by the pussycat dolls*

:( Poor Alfonso, poor, poor Al :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.