GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Removing underline from hyperlinks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/10/11 at 12:15
Regular
Hi there,

I have read these resources:

Hyperlink Tutorial
CSS Guide on Text

...but neither give specific instructions on how one would stop hyperlinks from being underlined.

Although I could do this for individual links using the code below...

<a href="PageURL" style="text-decoration: none">displayed hyperlink text</a>

...I was wondering if there is some functionality in the InstantPro system to apply this rule to ALL hyperlinks on the site (in the same way that one can control the colour)?

If that is not possible, is there some way of applying such a rule to all links found in a particular table?

Thanks,
W
Fri 28/10/11 at 14:12
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
socrates wrote:
I guess I just answered my own question! :D

<style type='text/css'>
li {
margin-bottom: 20px;
}
</style>

Neat-o!

Sure. You might want to be a bit more specific though as that li rule may override things like the navigation menu styling. That's why is put the #content_wrap ID in the CSS.
Fri 28/10/11 at 11:15
Regular
Basically you need to add a CSS rule for this.
Try:

a:link, a:visited, a:active {
text-decoration: none;
font-weight: bold;
}

You will need to add this bit of code to your CSS file.

Thank you,

DoodleIT

[ADMIN EDIT] - Thank you for offering advice to this user, however I have removed the link to your website as is it against our T&C. A full list can be found on our [LINK=http://chat.freeola.com/forum_rules.php]rules[/LINK] page
Thu 06/10/11 at 22:24
Regular
I guess I just answered my own question! :D

<style type='text/css'>
li {
margin-bottom: 20px;
}
</style>

Neat-o!
Thu 06/10/11 at 22:08
Regular
That's a neat solution within the boundaries of the InstantPro setup. I like!

Tell me, could I use the same technique (of applying CSS in the footer) to alter the line spacing between list items in the body? Or any other 'global' style change to the body?

Thanks,
W
Tue 04/10/11 at 09:51
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
One solution to this until the option is added (possibly) is to open the Footer editor and then go into HTML mode. Then paste this in and save:

<style type="text/css">
#content_wrap a {
text-decoration:none;
}
</style>

As the footer appears on every page this will apply to all links in the page content area unless some other style overrides it.
Mon 03/10/11 at 14:39
Regular
I think I'll probably do a mad copy/paste session in the HTML window for now then.

Thanks for the response.

W
Mon 03/10/11 at 13:20
"Are you sure?"
With InstantPro it doesn't look as if you can apply this 'globally'.

It's a good suggestion though and should be quite straight forward to get added to the 'text/links/style' options I would have thought :¬)

Hopefully Freeola will pick this up. I couldn't see any obvious method to get round this but others may be able to suggest one.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site

EDIT
NB. In case you didn't realise you can select an existing link and then use the CSS toolbar option to add 'no decoration' rather than editing each link manually.
Mon 03/10/11 at 12:15
Regular
Hi there,

I have read these resources:

Hyperlink Tutorial
CSS Guide on Text

...but neither give specific instructions on how one would stop hyperlinks from being underlined.

Although I could do this for individual links using the code below...

<a href="PageURL" style="text-decoration: none">displayed hyperlink text</a>

...I was wondering if there is some functionality in the InstantPro system to apply this rule to ALL hyperlinks on the site (in the same way that one can control the colour)?

If that is not possible, is there some way of applying such a rule to all links found in a particular table?

Thanks,
W

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.