GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Britain's Funniest Joke"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/12/01 at 10:47
Regular
According to Ceefax, scientists from the University of Hertfordshire have found Britain's funniest joke by asking 1000's of people to nomminate their favorite joke.
It is:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go camping and pitch their tent under the stars. During the night, Holmes wakes his companion and says: "Look up at the stars, and tell me what you deduce."

Watson says: "I see millions of stars, and even if a few of those have planets, and if a few planets are like Earth, there might also be life."

Holmes replies: "No Watson, you idiot, somebody stole our tent."

Can anyone here do any better than this average joke??
Thu 20/12/01 at 10:47
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
According to Ceefax, scientists from the University of Hertfordshire have found Britain's funniest joke by asking 1000's of people to nomminate their favorite joke.
It is:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go camping and pitch their tent under the stars. During the night, Holmes wakes his companion and says: "Look up at the stars, and tell me what you deduce."

Watson says: "I see millions of stars, and even if a few of those have planets, and if a few planets are like Earth, there might also be life."

Holmes replies: "No Watson, you idiot, somebody stole our tent."

Can anyone here do any better than this average joke??
Thu 20/12/01 at 10:51
Regular
Oh jeez, if that really is Britains funniest joke, then I really pity us.

Which it so blatantly isn't, thing is they can't print rude jokes on ceefax, and most funny jokes tend to be rude.
Thu 20/12/01 at 10:54
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It's better than Germany's funniest joke:

"Why is television a medium? Because It's neither rare or well-done."

Ho ho ho.
Thu 20/12/01 at 10:58
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
How about this one:

A guy is on a long train journey when all of a sudden he needs to go to the toilet for a number 2, so he walks sheepishly down the carriage, only to find all the toilets on the train are out of order.
So he tries to hold it in but after a few minutes of sweating from the strain, he has an idea. He goes to part of the train which is empty, pulls down his trousers and draws a face on his bum, sicks his rear out of the window and proceeds, but as he is doing this the train pulls into a station.
Two thuggish looking blokes see this guy on the train and one guy says to the other: "You punch his face, and i'll take his cigar."
Thu 20/12/01 at 11:06
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
i have had better jokes than that in the "jokes in your email" thing i keep getting.
Thu 20/12/01 at 12:19
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
What do you call an Italian with a rubber toe?

Roberto!!!!!
Thu 20/12/01 at 12:21
Regular
"I confused?"
Q:What goes 99 thump.

A: An icecream man been mugged.
Thu 20/12/01 at 18:10
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
its in The Times as well
Thu 20/12/01 at 18:38
Regular
Dirty koes are the best....but I can't say any here so I won't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.