GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christmas day gaming"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/12/01 at 01:41
Regular
Right here's the scene: It Christmas day your as excited as homer in a muffin shop. You wake up as early as you can (normaly 3am) to see what the big red fat bloke has brought you.

You rush downstairs with your parents who look about as excited as Jack Dee in a pub during happy hour.

Of course you rush to the big console/game type box first. After you find out that it was grandma's present of a jumper you wouldn't even wear in your grave. You finaly find your console/game and rush of to set up and play.

After about 10mins your told to turn it off. You then have to wait for family you don't like to come round and the only reason the come round is beacuse it "Christmas".you then have to sit around a table with so much food not even homer simpson could manage (well not in one day). after being forced to eat your sprouts they finaly leave and the gaming begins.

But not long after starting the console up your called downstairs to play some "exciting Christmas family games".

Anyway after hours of torture of playing sharades and no one getting gold finger for 3 hours you finaly go back to the console you turn it off only to find it's now 3am and your so tired you pass out.

Now anyone have this hapen to them, my mate did but i was luck enough not to.

Post you xmas horror stories here
Sat 22/12/01 at 22:17
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
CDouch wrote:
>Do you like my tagline?

Yep, very good.
Sat 22/12/01 at 21:04
Regular
I dont have any christmas day gaming horro stories. Its normally fun. When i first got my N64 i went to my cusons house he had goldeneye, we played multiplayer all night, hell even my dad played!
Sat 22/12/01 at 19:19
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
A few years ago I got several PSone games for christmas, one was crash team racing, so thats 3 years ago I think. Anyway, I went to play the games, and my PSobe wouldnt work, it just wouldnt start. After about an hour of trying I got it going, and got to play. My PS2 better not do that this year.

I only asked for one game this year, instead of the usual 10+ I asked for simpsons road rage. The main reasen is that, now I get games all through the year thanks to GAd, I dont have to just wait until christmas. So this year, I mainly asked for DVD's. Waynes world, the mummy returns, the simpsons series one, dude wheres my car, cast away and family guy.They are the ones I want, im not sure which im getting though.

Merry Christmas
Do you like my tagline?

CDouch
Sat 22/12/01 at 18:44
Regular
"360: swfcman"
My Xmas days are usually about gaming, this year maybe a little different though. I have discovered this thing called beer other the last few months, and while not really needing it i have been persuaded to go out in the afternoon with my mates, so that means half the day gaming, and the other half im hoping not to remember. :D
Sat 22/12/01 at 18:29
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I've asked for Jak & Daxter, Crash Bandicoot and Top Gun on my PS2 so I'll be happy if those are unwrapped :-)

No doubt I'll end up spending a good part of the day playing those. My christmas always consists of tons of gaming right up till early hours of the following morning
;-))

Of course it won't be going that way this time with my other half being here ;-)
Fri 21/12/01 at 20:46
ye my m8 isnt allowed 2 play his pc 4 more than 2 hrs a day, so when we try and play games over the net his mum comes and shoves him off!! and he isn't allowed 2 play on week nights!! LOL
Thu 20/12/01 at 22:11
Regular
"accidental superher"
on christmas all my relatives ALWAYS come over to my family's house....cos they're lazy bggers and none of them can cook either apart from my mum...
except now that my brother and i are older....we no longer really get presents we only get money (which isn' a bad thing but it takes away the surprise)....
not usually that exciting a day really...watch tv, play games, drink and eat...
Thu 20/12/01 at 19:03
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
I hate parents that put restrictions on gaming. i once had a mate that had a mum that wouldn't let him play games more than an 1hour and a half a day LOL

How lame
Thu 20/12/01 at 12:45
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
You lucky, lucky b**turds. TV and therefore gaming is and always has been forbidden in my family. I'll be spending Chrimble Day as the designated childrens entertainer for my siblings sprogs. And they're all too young (according to their parents) to have games yet. Not if I have my way! I've bought half of my family games for Christmas. Heh heh.

Anyway, Christmas goes:
Wake up with sore head
Drive to sisters
Get mobbed by children for a couple of hours
eat and drink copiously
put on impromptu (and quite dangerous considering the alcohol levels in my bloodstream) firebreathing show in back garden.
get mobbed by kids
fall over in a heap at the end of the day -with a belly full of food, a groggy head, and un unsettling taste of hydrocarbons in the back of my throat.
Thu 20/12/01 at 12:39
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I tend to be really crap at games when I am drunk though, exept for cards.... where I RULE!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.