GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Silent Hill?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 22:40
Regular
Just a little something I was wondering about.

Since I first saw shots of Silent Hill 2 around 10 months back, it's been top of my wanted list. With every preview/video and screen shot i've seen i've been even more impressed with the game.

Yet, due to money constraints haven't been able to buy it yet.

The reason for my post is, there seems to be a distinct lack of credit for the game. For anyone out there who has it or has played it, what are your verdicts?

It's something that I would have expected to be a big discussion point as it looks to be a fantastic game, yet it doesn't seem to be discussed as a 'top quality' game.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:40
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Just a little something I was wondering about.

Since I first saw shots of Silent Hill 2 around 10 months back, it's been top of my wanted list. With every preview/video and screen shot i've seen i've been even more impressed with the game.

Yet, due to money constraints haven't been able to buy it yet.

The reason for my post is, there seems to be a distinct lack of credit for the game. For anyone out there who has it or has played it, what are your verdicts?

It's something that I would have expected to be a big discussion point as it looks to be a fantastic game, yet it doesn't seem to be discussed as a 'top quality' game.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:52
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
From the small bits that I have played, I have been extremely impressed. The sinister undercurrent of horror that runs through the whole thing really is quite unnerving.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:55
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
If you battled Silent Hill with the Resident Evil, which has the highest shock factor? I think Res Evil relies on 'Jump Scares', wheres as Silent Hill is a more psycological horror.
Thu 20/12/01 at 04:48
This game has more of a mental scare rather than just haveing the mosters jump out at you. In this game I was more scared of my freinds than I was the monsters. It is a good game though and I would suggest you get it.
Thu 20/12/01 at 09:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If you get the chance to get this game, then I recommend without hesitation.

Res Evil is make-you-jump whilst Silent Hill is make you shiver and feel frightened.
Thu 20/12/01 at 09:34
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
A couple of mates of mine have got it, and both of them have warned me not to play it on my own before going to bed. I spose that's a comment in it's favour, but who can say?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.