GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buy A Dreamcast Fools !!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 20:57
Regular
U don't know wat ur missing, sure, gamecube + xbox are coming, but PS2 is rubbish and for £99.99, you can get a dreamcast, 4 games and a mem. card. Great games @ low prices.
Wed 26/12/01 at 11:46
FantasyMeister wrote:
The PS2 actually gets
> more game time nowadays though, as graphically it knocks the socks off the DC
> with some of the current titles.

But sega titles can compare with PS2 titles graphically... no other DC developer really made an effort. Tekken tag (PS2 )looks like something that they developed during a 6 minute period when they were completely drunk compared to Soul Calibur.
Tue 25/12/01 at 23:23
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I've got a DC with 73 games

ahh i see your fetish is in full swing!
Tue 25/12/01 at 22:35
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I've got a DC with 73 games and a PS2 with 7 games.

The PS2 actually gets more game time nowadays though, as graphically it knocks the socks off the DC with some of the current titles. The killer apps. in my PS2 collection are currently Silent Hill 2 (makes Code Veronica look like a comedy), Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (I've never seen graphics on any other platform quite as good as this) and Grand Theft Auto 3, (no other game has ever had so much variety crammed into it).

In terms of gameplay the DC still edges it as it has more Sega titles compared to the PS2, and most people will agree that when it comes to gameplay Sega are up there in the top 5 developers. Titles like Metropolis Street Racer, Head Hunter, Phantasy Star Online, Skies of Arcadia and Grandia 2 are all 'unique' in their appeal, all for different reasons.

But it won't be long until the PS2 overtakes the DC in terms of the number of killer apps. available for it. That's not to say that the DC won't get played again, just that it'll get played less often.
Tue 25/12/01 at 22:02
Regular
I've been blasting through the succulent "Jet Set Radio" for most of the day - still playing it 12 months or so after buying it.
Tue 25/12/01 at 14:24
Accually alot of the games coming to these next gen. consoles came out on the Dreamcast. Games like Shenmue, Phantasy Star Online, and other great titles that only Sega could have.
Tue 25/12/01 at 13:50
Regular
"¬_¬"
The PlayStation 2 is severely lacking in killer apps, whereas the Dreamcast has many. Soon though, there will be many PS2 games that you'd rather be playing than Dreamcast games.
Tue 25/12/01 at 13:31
I can think of loads of DC games that I'd rather be playing than one of ps2's 5 or so good games.
Fri 21/12/01 at 01:27
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
The X-mas Badger wrote:
> I have most of the so called 'good dreamcast games' and my verdict is that they
> are totally rubbish, the dreamcast is a useless console that died long ago, if
> you really want something, reserve an X-box or a Gamecube or if you can't wait,
> just get a PS2

your an idiot. now go home and think about what you've said you 12 year old lamer
Thu 20/12/01 at 23:20
DC rules, and so does headhunter
Thu 20/12/01 at 23:05
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
I must say that the death of the Dreamcast was one of the worst things to hit gaming since cheese hit pizza.

Yesterday, my Dreamcast was re-surrected for one game.

Yesterday, I picked up Virtua Tennis 2, which was intended as a Christmas present for my brother, but as he guessed it blatantly, my dad let him have it - which made me happy!

I played the game solidly for about 2 hours on the first night and about an hour and a half tonight. I wasn't satisfied, I put on Jet Set Radio. I had so forgotten how great it is to play the older games and what a thrill I get - there really is nothing like grinding down a stairway at 60 miles per hour!

I really hope that the Dreamcast lives on and is not forgotten.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.