GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Router giving hints or "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/09/11 at 16:27
Regular
l have a Linksys WAG120N for some time now l had a check in the info page and seen

--- System Information ---
Vendor: Linksys
ModelName: WAG120N
Firmware Version: A1.00.16 , 2010-08-06T14:08:04
GUI Version: A1.00.16_007
Boot Version: 1.0.37-5.4
Hardware Version: 0.01

--- DSL Information ---
DSL Driver Version: 3.4.4.10.0.1
DSL VPI/VCI: 0/38
DSL Status: Up
DSL Mode: ADSL2+
DSL Channel: 0
DSL Upstream Rate: 1059 kbps
DSL Downstream Rate: 4536 kbps

Down up
DSL Noise Margin: 68 dB 110 dB
DSL Attenuation: 222 dB 389 dB
DSL Transmit Power: -379 dBm -425 dBm

it just me or the last 3 parts of that look a bit Oo l never seen the power in "-" before is router dropping hints its on the way out l checked filter and had no random line drops or any problems just looked in the info page after seeing so many bt van flying round lol
Thu 01/09/11 at 16:27
Regular
l have a Linksys WAG120N for some time now l had a check in the info page and seen

--- System Information ---
Vendor: Linksys
ModelName: WAG120N
Firmware Version: A1.00.16 , 2010-08-06T14:08:04
GUI Version: A1.00.16_007
Boot Version: 1.0.37-5.4
Hardware Version: 0.01

--- DSL Information ---
DSL Driver Version: 3.4.4.10.0.1
DSL VPI/VCI: 0/38
DSL Status: Up
DSL Mode: ADSL2+
DSL Channel: 0
DSL Upstream Rate: 1059 kbps
DSL Downstream Rate: 4536 kbps

Down up
DSL Noise Margin: 68 dB 110 dB
DSL Attenuation: 222 dB 389 dB
DSL Transmit Power: -379 dBm -425 dBm

it just me or the last 3 parts of that look a bit Oo l never seen the power in "-" before is router dropping hints its on the way out l checked filter and had no random line drops or any problems just looked in the info page after seeing so many bt van flying round lol
Thu 01/09/11 at 17:29
Regular
kk dont mind the post found out with more digging it can be buggy from that page so looks like l have to dig out my none wifi router to get that info if l ever need it ><

read that redoing the firmware can fix it for a bit

sorry if l wasted any ones time searching
Thu 01/09/11 at 17:39
"Are you sure?"
Yep, those last figures are garbage! :¬)

With that attenuation (line length/quality) you wouldn't be able to get broadband. My old Understanding Broadband page may help - needs some updating for ADSL2+ but the principles are all the same.

It's always good to know roughly what your ADSL line 'looks like' so if things go pear shaped you have some sort of reference -
Sync (connection speed)
Attenuation (Line length/quality)
SNRM (Signal to Noise Ratio Margin)

Your router stats won't be correct - often this is down to a firmware bug - have you checked to see if you are on the latest firmware?

I take it you aren't familiar with your 'normal' router stats?

*BT/Openreach vans*
Everytime I see one I say "there goes my broadband" - guaranteed to get a groan from my kids!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: Just read your post after I submitted mine - only 10 minutes! :¬P
Thu 01/09/11 at 18:42
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:

Your router stats won't be correct - often this is down to a firmware bug - have you checked to see if you are on the latest firmware?

EDIT: Just read your post after I submitted mine - only 10 minutes! :¬P

l found its on the latest firmware but l found a lower version and well it gives no info in that page so mite have to give it more time then 20mins for it to make it up lol but l have now both firmwares so can go back (upgrade) if needed but l do have spare router round the place for that info just no wifi that l don't use much any way got cat5 ports in each room

when l last looked it was clean info so looks like l mite get new one some time and pass this lying router to my bro ^^

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.