GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Get your 10 Free NES/Gameboy games on 3DS"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/09/11 at 10:30
"possibly impossible"
Nintendo are today offering 10 free NES games (with another 10 GBA games coming) to anyone who bought their 3DS and visited the EStore on it before 2nd August.

How to get your 10 Free Games:
-Go to the EStore on your 3DS
-Go to Menu then Settings./Other
-Go to Titles You've Downloaded

The 10 free games and a tool for keeping track of the games you have should be available to re-download for free. Just choose 'Redownload' on each of the games to download them to your 3DS.

List of games
Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Jr.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climber
The Legend of Zelda
Wrecking Crew
NES Open Golf
Mario & Yoshi
Metroid
Zelda: Adventures of Link

The 10 Free GBA games are yet to be formally announced, but should include another classic Mario game and the GBA Mario Kart which is highly rated.
Tue 08/05/12 at 23:34
Regular
nice
Sun 18/03/12 at 22:56
Regular
Wed 14/03/12 at 20:58
Regular
can i get a 3ds number
Fri 23/09/11 at 16:47
Regular
Aye - got me Zelda DX (had the original cart on the Color...and my brother had the original monochrome version :)) definitely one of the best in the series.

Glad Minish Cap is getting a release on the Ambassador program - I never completed that but thoroughly enjoyed it whilst I was playing it on the Advance.

Am looking forward to Four Swords nex week too :)
Mon 19/09/11 at 10:06
Regular
The NES Zeldas are stupidly difficult, especially Zelda II.

I pre-ordered a red 3DS the other night (which should arrive next Friday) and I'll do my best to pick up as many Zeldas off the eShop thingy as possible. I won't be able to partake in the ambassador program though, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to grab these NES/Gameboy games.

If you haven't already played it Edgy, you should buy Link's Awakening DX from the eStore. The Minish Cap is also being released as part of the Ambassador program (though I've never played it). And this Friday you'll be able to download Zelda: Four Swords (a slightly improved version of the GBA game) free of charge!
Sun 18/09/11 at 12:45
Regular
The original Zelda is definitely getting the most play out of the NES originals on my 3DS...I love the whole Virtual Console remembering where I left off thing...
Thu 01/09/11 at 13:23
Regular
"And in last place.."
All downloaded this morning but not had a chance to try any of them out yet.
Thu 01/09/11 at 12:12
"possibly impossible"
The 10 NES games that can be downloaded by 3DS Ambassadors now will be available at some point, though not at the moment. The 10 GBA games that will be available to Ambassadors (ie those who bought their 3DS and signed up for the store before 2nd August) will be exclusive, at least for 2011.

Cost seems to vary per game from £2 to £8.

For instance, titles available on Virtual Console 3DS now:
Kirby Dreamland £3.60
Double Dragon £2.70
Gameboy Donkey Kong £3.60
Zelda: Links Awakening £5.40
Super Mario Land £3.60

All, bar Link's Awakening, are Gameboy games and I'd imagine the NES games will be similar prices.
Thu 01/09/11 at 10:47
Regular
I want pretty much all of those games (especially the Zelda games), but I don't plan on picking up a 3DS for another month or so.

Can I still buy those games from the store, or are they only available to users who connected to the eStore before the price drop? If they are available to everyone, how much roughly does each game cost?
Thu 01/09/11 at 10:30
"possibly impossible"
Nintendo are today offering 10 free NES games (with another 10 GBA games coming) to anyone who bought their 3DS and visited the EStore on it before 2nd August.

How to get your 10 Free Games:
-Go to the EStore on your 3DS
-Go to Menu then Settings./Other
-Go to Titles You've Downloaded

The 10 free games and a tool for keeping track of the games you have should be available to re-download for free. Just choose 'Redownload' on each of the games to download them to your 3DS.

List of games
Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Jr.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climber
The Legend of Zelda
Wrecking Crew
NES Open Golf
Mario & Yoshi
Metroid
Zelda: Adventures of Link

The 10 Free GBA games are yet to be formally announced, but should include another classic Mario game and the GBA Mario Kart which is highly rated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.