GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Discussion Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/08/11 at 18:22
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Due to lack of activity/active players, I have decided to finish the predictions and just change this into a place football can be discussed amongst those of us who follow the sport away from the general chat. I'll probably bring it back for EURO 2012 :)

Current Hot Topics:
A new season begins
Summer Transfers

Original Post:
Show Spoiler
Page:
Tue 01/08/17 at 13:11
Regular
"And in last place.."
Hearts have sacked their manager BEFORE the league starts. Not a great surprise but still an interesting time to do it after supporting him with some transfers.
Tue 25/07/17 at 09:06
Regular
"And in last place.."
I see Man City have spent over £200m this transfer window. £200m from one team. It would be interesting to see just how many transfer windows it would take for all Scottish teams to reach that figure.
Mon 24/07/17 at 08:19
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
A couple of good pre-season wins for Forest so far, 2-0 away at Notts County and 4-0 away at Mansfield. Good to see we can still score goals without Assombalonga.

Derby have also suffered a blow with Bent out injured until at least Christmas, they'll miss his goals and will need other players to step up to fill the void.
Sun 23/07/17 at 09:38
Regular
"@RichSmedley"

DL wrote:
Quite right dav ... it sickens me too! Sanchez today is demanding £400,000 a week in his new 'wage' demand ... how is this justified and even allowed to be published in a newspaper?

Neymar's on the brink of a 222 million Euros transfer to PSG, 40 million Euros sign-on fee, and 30 million Euros a year in wages.

Man City have just completed the signing of Real Madrid defender Danilo for £26.5million, to go on top of the £52million for Monaco's Mendy and £45million for Walker from Spurs.

Man Utd paid £75million for Lukaku. Even Bournemouth have paid £20million for Nathan Ake and £10million for Begovic.

Meanwhile in the Championship Middlesbrough paid Forest way over the odds, £15million, for Assombalonga, although this was due to their Premiership "parachute payment", which will surely be the biggest league deal this transfer window by far.

As far as Forest go we've signed Daryl Murphy from Newcastle for £2million to replace Assombalonga, but we only managed that because of the payment for Assombalonga.

I know the Premiership have done an excellent job of making themselves into the world's richest league through commercial deals etc but surely some more of this money should trickle down the leagues and help the lower-league clubs, which is where a lot of the top stars of today started their careers and developed into the players they are today.
Sun 23/07/17 at 09:26
Regular
"And in last place.."

DL wrote:
Quite right dav ... it sickens me too! Sanchez today is demanding £400,000 a week in his new 'wage' demand ... how is this justified and even allowed to be published in a newspaper?

Wage demands seem to be a increasingly common these days. The wages seem to be way more important than the football.
Sat 22/07/17 at 22:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

dav2612 wrote:
The money never fails to amaze me.

Sat 22/07/17 at 19:15
Regular
"And in last place.."

Smedders wrote:
Chelsea have shown their intentions by finally signing Morata from Real Madrid for a club-record £60million.

The spending already has been massive, with the smaller Premiership clubs spending big as well just to try and stay in the Premiership.

The gulf between the Premiership and the Championship is growing bigger and bigger as each season progresses, which isn't good for teams like Forest who this season will be spending their 20th season away from the top flight and the big money.

The money never fails to amaze me. Completely different to the time when Forest were in the top league.

Rangers manage a draw with Marseille today. Doesn't mean a great deal with it being pre-season but certainly a better result than most recently.
Sat 22/07/17 at 10:47
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Chelsea have shown their intentions by finally signing Morata from Real Madrid for a club-record £60million.

The spending already has been massive, with the smaller Premiership clubs spending big as well just to try and stay in the Premiership.

The gulf between the Premiership and the Championship is growing bigger and bigger as each season progresses, which isn't good for teams like Forest who this season will be spending their 20th season away from the top flight and the big money.
Fri 21/07/17 at 15:27
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Good news and bad news for Forest.

The bad news is that Assombalonga has moved to Middlesbrough. The good news is that they had to activate his £15million release clause to get their hands on him, in my opinion paying way over the odds.

I just hope the money is ploughed back into the club for new players to strengthen the squad in our push for promotion (or as I'm sure a number of Forest fans would say to prevent us being pulled into another relegation fight like last season).
Thu 20/07/17 at 15:47
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
In some excellent news my local team Ilkeston Town FC have been reformed after being bought from their receivers by Notts County's owner.

They were wound up midway through last season due to being unable to pay a £15,000 bill and it looked like we would no longer have a team but we have risen from the ashes!

What makes it even better is there will be a working relationship between us and Notts County, so their up and coming players will be loaned to us to get first team experience and their coaching staff will lend a hand in training our players.

We'll be playing in the Evo-Stick Division 1 and Forest legend Steve Chettle has been appointed manager. Only problem at the minute is we have absolutely no players! Hopefully the old players who haven't found other clubs will come back and we'll be able to get a few others who are on the fringes of their current clubs.

The Robins are back!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.