GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst service for a long time!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/08/11 at 09:36
Regular
Technical help - yeah right!

I just rang technical help (Thursday 25th August @ 09:15)
after being cut off twice and then finally spoke to a technical help guy,
and asked him if it was possible for him to ring me back as i was on pay as you go mobile as I have not had my landline put in yet as I have just moved house. He said well if its more than one thing its better if you go online and do it that way, i said well its only one thing and he said well make it quick then (not offering to ring me back) so i started explaining to him that when you visit my website with an iphone it used to divert to the mobile version of my website but it has recently just stopped working, it must be a coincidence but it happened straight after I upgraded to email pro, and he said the problem can't be with us, i just don't see it, I told him my website builder page was with Wix.com which he had never heard of
and by this time the £10 credit I put on to my phone to make this call has gone, so I got cut off again.
I have had no call back from them, even though they must have seen my number come up on their system. So now I am looking to get rid of Freeola and use someone else as the service is awful!

I suggest if you don't want to feel the sting when it comes to a problem, you do the same. I will certainly tell anyone I come in contact with not to use Freeola, thats for sure.
Sat 17/09/11 at 11:40
Regular
Thank you for letting me know about the back up script, it is a shame that I had to resort to this forum to elicit a response from Freeola.

Whatever happened to open lines of communication, surely this is exactly what these posts are about? Keep the customer informed and your service will be seen to be fantastic, keep them in the dark and you can only expect clients to complain.

On a separate note whilst i was aware of the manual back up process for Bb I did not wish to try it until i knew I had a good backup of my site hence my initial post in the first place.

Regards
PJH8RN
Tue 13/09/11 at 10:58
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I have now been informed that a backup script was written for you and has been in place for a week or so. It does a backup a couple of times a week into the htdocs folder and clears backups older than a few weeks.
Mon 12/09/11 at 18:12
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
PJH8RN: I'm sorry that you feel that you have not received our usual high level of service. I have taken a look at you account and the correspondence our support staff have sent and cannot find a record of any assurances that the BackupBuddy WordPress plugin will work with our hosting.
I can see that you were informed that we do not support third party scripts and an offer was made to create a backup script for you. This was a goodwill gesture and not something we would normally do. I can chase this offer up with the relevant staff if you wish.
Have you tried running BackupBuddy in compatibility mode, as suggested on the developers website? This works without using the exec command.
Mon 12/09/11 at 17:46
Regular
Hi,

Whilst i have not had the same problem I have received a poor service. I wanted to use backup buddy a WP plug in and asked Freeola if it could be used. An affirmative response was given and I duly purchased it. On installation the plug in failed and after some discourse with another technician, it was agreedthat the plug in would not work and Freeola offered to build me a backup script to resolve the issue.

Whilst somewhat miffed at having to purchase the plug in at least Freeola offered an alternative however; this was some 3 weeks ago and on prompting I was told that Freeola had not got around to it yet/the guy who knows how to code the script is not available.

The long and the short of this is that Back Up Buddy works on the majority of servers from installation, as do most plug ins, and I have not encountered any problems with its installation elsewhere. Therefore as the end of my contract is due with Freeola I am afraid I will have to tell them that "They're Fired" which is a shame because they have until recently been very helpful.
Thu 08/09/11 at 17:02
Regular
"I like turtles"
Been with Freeola a few years now, our family has 3 connections with them in total. Their customer support has always been very good in my experience.
Thu 08/09/11 at 15:06
Regular
I have found technical support to be fantastic and they have no problem calling you back once they have investigated a legitimate problem..however with most computer/technology support lines the issue is more than often with user error. I don't think I'm prepared to pay more per month to cover the cost of technical support calling those people back...

I hope however you have now managed to resolve your issue....
Thu 25/08/11 at 10:52
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
First off my apologies that you have found the support centre service unsatisfactory.

I have discussed this with my colleagues in office, and I believe I have made myself aware of your situation.

When you stated that you had "a number of issues" my colleague advised the online method as this would save you time if you were unable to talk for long. This is standard practice if a customer states they are in a hurry.

Please bear in mind that If you are unable to contact us via the support line for whatever reason, we offer free online support as a secondary method of contact. Responses to these requests are generally well within an hour of receipt.

After reviewing the calls I can only agree with my colleague and re-iterate the information provided to you. Upgrading the email hosting services within your account has not changed any of your web hosting settings in any way that would cause your particular issue.

You state yourself that you realise it must be purely coincidence in regards to the timing of the fault, and i can only strengthen this opinion. If you are having a fault with your web hosting, I would strongly advise that you discuss the issue with the company hosting your site and unfortunately this is not Freeola.

Please note that if you wish to discuss this issue with us officially you will need to open a support ticket on http://freeola.com/support
Thu 25/08/11 at 09:59
"Are you sure?"
Welcome to the forums - even though it might not be under the best circumstances...

Glad to see you've managed to get online to make your post.

Any chance of a link for your website so that people can try to help you with your mobile web/user agent issue?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 25/08/11 at 09:36
Regular
Technical help - yeah right!

I just rang technical help (Thursday 25th August @ 09:15)
after being cut off twice and then finally spoke to a technical help guy,
and asked him if it was possible for him to ring me back as i was on pay as you go mobile as I have not had my landline put in yet as I have just moved house. He said well if its more than one thing its better if you go online and do it that way, i said well its only one thing and he said well make it quick then (not offering to ring me back) so i started explaining to him that when you visit my website with an iphone it used to divert to the mobile version of my website but it has recently just stopped working, it must be a coincidence but it happened straight after I upgraded to email pro, and he said the problem can't be with us, i just don't see it, I told him my website builder page was with Wix.com which he had never heard of
and by this time the £10 credit I put on to my phone to make this call has gone, so I got cut off again.
I have had no call back from them, even though they must have seen my number come up on their system. So now I am looking to get rid of Freeola and use someone else as the service is awful!

I suggest if you don't want to feel the sting when it comes to a problem, you do the same. I will certainly tell anyone I come in contact with not to use Freeola, thats for sure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.