GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google Page Speed Service"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 31/07/11 at 17:00
Regular
As you all well know this is a new service from google and is running for free atm. If you have a instant pro package can you still use this?
I asking this because you have to setup a reference domain see advise below from google. How would I go about doing this or is this not available.

Page Speed Service needs to fetch content from your servers. For this you will need to setup a reference domain, say ref.example.com.
1.Login to your DNS provider's administration console to setup a new A-record or CNAME record as described below.
2.If www.example.com is an A-record pointing to a server/IP address, then setup a new DNS entry (A-record) for ref.example.com pointing to the same server/IP address as www.example.com .
3.If www.example.com is itself CNAME'd to xyz.example.com, then add a CNAME record for ref.example.com CNAME’ing to xyz.example.com instead of the A record mentioned above.
Set the TTL to ˝ hour for quick reverts.
Please ensure that your DNS changes have propogated before moving ot the next step. The steps for this are listed in the troubleshooting section below. After confirmation, click the Continue button again to proceed to the next step of the wizard.

Page Speed Service will use the reference domain to look up the IP address from which to fetch the original website’s content. It will send requests to this IP address with the Host header set to the serving domain. You should not expose the reference domain ref.example.com directly to avoid receiving any direct traffic.

http:// code.google. com/speed/pss/ docs/refdomain.html
Mon 01/08/11 at 20:02
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi ceramicman,
I'm guessing you may not be able to perform some of those actions on an InstantPro site. I may be wrong though :¬)
I only use InstantPro on my free 'myfreeola' sub-domain so can't check for you.

FWIW - I don't think this is going to be a Google service I'll be using - but I'll keep reading in case I change my mind.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site

It looks interesting when they start caching sites on their own servers, should speed up things where BB is not at a high speed yet and otherwise your site loads faster. I am very happy with Instant Pro and because I made it look it all very simple it seems be working a treat.
Mon 01/08/11 at 15:40
"Are you sure?"
Hi ceramicman,
I'm guessing you may not be able to perform some of those actions on an InstantPro site. I may be wrong though :¬)
I only use InstantPro on my free 'myfreeola' sub-domain so can't check for you.

FWIW - I don't think this is going to be a Google service I'll be using - but I'll keep reading in case I change my mind.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Sun 31/07/11 at 17:00
Regular
As you all well know this is a new service from google and is running for free atm. If you have a instant pro package can you still use this?
I asking this because you have to setup a reference domain see advise below from google. How would I go about doing this or is this not available.

Page Speed Service needs to fetch content from your servers. For this you will need to setup a reference domain, say ref.example.com.
1.Login to your DNS provider's administration console to setup a new A-record or CNAME record as described below.
2.If www.example.com is an A-record pointing to a server/IP address, then setup a new DNS entry (A-record) for ref.example.com pointing to the same server/IP address as www.example.com .
3.If www.example.com is itself CNAME'd to xyz.example.com, then add a CNAME record for ref.example.com CNAME’ing to xyz.example.com instead of the A record mentioned above.
Set the TTL to ˝ hour for quick reverts.
Please ensure that your DNS changes have propogated before moving ot the next step. The steps for this are listed in the troubleshooting section below. After confirmation, click the Continue button again to proceed to the next step of the wizard.

Page Speed Service will use the reference domain to look up the IP address from which to fetch the original website’s content. It will send requests to this IP address with the Host header set to the serving domain. You should not expose the reference domain ref.example.com directly to avoid receiving any direct traffic.

http:// code.google. com/speed/pss/ docs/refdomain.html

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.